On Friday (25th September) evening, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Delhi Capitals (DC) will face each other in the seventh match of the IPL 2020 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium (Dubai).
It will be the third game for Chennai Super Kings in this IPL season. They started this season with a five-wicket victory against Mumbai Indians (MI) in the opening game of the IPL 2020, while Rajasthan Royals (RR) then beat them by 16 runs.
On the other hand, Delhi Capitals will play their second match in this season. They began their campaign in this IPL season on last Sunday (20th September) evening, when they faced Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) at Dubai. It had a tie result, but Delhi Capitals later won that match in the Super Over.
Let’s look at some crucial stats preview before the forthcoming 7th match of the IPL 2020 between CSK vs DC
Head-to-head records between CSK vs DC
|Stats||Matches||CSK Won||DC Won||Tied/No Result|
|In last 5 matches||5||4||1||0/0|
|In IPL 2019||3||3||0||0/0|
- Streaks running: In all their last three meetings, Chennai Super Kings beat Delhi Capitals. Last time, Delhi Capitals won a match against Chennai Super Kings at Delhi on 18th May 2018, where the Delhi franchise won the match by 34 runs.
Records of CSK and DC in the UAE
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied (W/L)||No Result|
Important stats between CSK vs DC
|Stats||CSK (vs DC)||DC (vs CSK)|
|Highest total||222/5 (20 overs) at Chennai on 25th May 2012||198/5 (20 overs) at Pune on 30th April 2018|
|Lowest completed total||110/8 (20 overs) at Delhi on 10th April 2012||83 (17.3 overs) at Delhi on 18th April 2013|
|Largest victory (by runs)||93 runs at Abu Dhabi on 21st April 2014||34 runs at Delhi on 18th May 2018|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||9 wickets at Chennai on 12th May 2012||8 wickets for twice|
(Top players’ stats)
|Stats||CSK (vs DC)||DC (vs CSK)|
|Highest individual score||113 by Murali Vijay at Chennai on 25th May 2012||105* by AB de Villiers at Durban on 23rd April 2009|
|Best bowling figures||4/12 by Imran Tahir at Chennai on 1st May 2019||3/26 by Ashish Nehra at Chennai on 15th April 2010|
|Most runs scored||529 runs by MS Dhoni||233 runs by Virender Sehwag|
|Most wickets||17 wickets by Ravichandran Ashwin||9 wickets by Amit Mishra|
Other important stats
Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
- MS Dhoni will play his 193rd IPL match. During this match, Dhoni will become the joint-most-capped player in IPL history by equalling the record of Suresh Raina, who also played 193 IPL matches.
- MS Dhoni has scored 4461 runs in IPL career. He is 39 runs away to complete his 4500 IPL runs.
- MS Dhoni (298 sixes) is two sixes behind to complete his 300 T20 sixes. After Rohit Sharma (367 sixes) and Suresh Raina (311 sixes), Dhoni will be the third Indian to hit 300 T20 sixes.
- MS Dhoni (97 catches) requires to take three more catches as a wicket-keeper to complete his 100 IPL catches as a wicket-keeper. He will be the second wicket-keeper to take 100 IPL catches. Dinesh Karthik was the first wicket-keeper to reach this milestone as he has taken 101 IPL catches as a wicket-keeper.
- MS Dhoni (101 catches) needs to take two more catches to surpass Suresh Raina (102 catches) and become the second most catch-taker in IPL history. Dinesh Karthik is leading this list with 109 IPL catches.
- Faf du Plessis (1980 runs) is 20 runs away to complete his 2000 T20 runs for Chennai Super Kings. He will be the 5th overall batsman and 2nd overseas batsman (first CSK overseas batsman was Michael Hussey) to score 2000 T20 runs for CSK.
- Shane Watson (990 runs) is 10 runs away to complete his 1000 T20 runs for Chennai Super Kings. Till the date, a total of 10 CSK batsmen have scored 1000+ T20 runs for CSK.
- Murali Vijay (2195 runs) needs to score 19 more runs to surpass Michael Hussey (2213 T20 runs for CSK) and become the third most T20 run-scorer for Chennai Super Kings.
- The left-handed batsman Ravindra Jadeja (1937 runs) is 63 runs away to reach the 2000-run milestone in his IPL career. Meanwhile, the 10th most wicket-taker in IPL history, the left-arm spinner Jadeja has also picked up 110 IPL wickets. By completing 2000 IPL runs, Jadeja will become the first IPL cricketer to score 2000 runs as well as claim 100+ wickets.
Delhi Capitals (DC)
- It will be the 26th match for Shreyas Iyer as a captain of the Delhi Capitals. Surpassing Gautam Gambhir (captained in 25 T20 matches for this team), Iyer will be the second most-capped captain for Delhi Capitals. Only Virender Sehwag is ahead of them as he led this side in 52 T20 matches.
- Rishabh Pant (94 sixes) is six sixes away to complete his 100 sixes for Delhi Capitals. He will be the first batsman for DC to hit 100 sixes.
- Amit Mishra (97 wickets) needs to pick up three more wickets to complete his 100 IPL wickets for Delhi Capitals. The veteran Indian leg-spinner will be the first bowler to register 100 IPL wickets for this team.
- With four more sixes, the left-handed opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan (96 sixes) will complete his 100 IPL sixes. Among the Indian left-handed batsmen, only Suresh Raina (194 sixes) and Yuvraj Singh (149 sixes) have managed to hit 100 IPL sixes.