41 matches of IPL 2014 are done and that means we have completed two-thirds of the tournament. There have been many exceptional bowlers who have proved their worth this season and would be the ones to watch out for in the coming future.
We have compiled the Best XI of IPL 2014, keeping their mind their recent performance and form.
1. Dwayne Smith (Chennai Super Kings) Overseas Player 1 – He is the second highest run scorer in this season of IPL. Dwayne Smith has been great form and has played brilliantly. He has been the pillar of batting for the Chennai Super Kings line-up. Runs – 440
2. Robin Uthappa (Kolkata Knight Riders) – His team made him play as a middle order batsmen in the beginning of the season, but in the end Uthappa returned, where he actually belonged – The Opener. After he started opening for the KKR camp, he has looked in great touch and played some brilliant innings. He is also third in the list of Top run scorers in IPL 2014. Runs – 382
3. David Warner (Sunrisers Hyderabad) Overseas Player 2 – Playing for the Hyderabad team at the No. 3 spot, he has played the role of an anchor. Whenever the openers have played, Warner has built his innings and played aggresively in the end. He is also 4th on the Top runs scorers list. Runs – 341
4. Glenn Maxwell (Kings XI Punjab) Overseas Player 3 – He has brought revolution into the game this season. Maxwell has been in great for this season and he has been such a great touch that he could send the ball out of any corner of the park. He is the Top run scorer this season.With an average of above 50 and a strike rate of almost 200, he has been the best batsmen so far in IPL 2014. Runs – 517
5. David Miller (Kings XI Punjab) – Overseas Player 4 – If any team some how gets rid of the Top order, then there is Miller waiting back there, who can turn the course of the game in just couple of overs. He has come out to be the best finisher in IPL 2014. Runs – 321
6. M S Dhoni (Chennai Super Kings) Captain, Wicket-keeper – This man knows how to lead any team. We are not going to see a leader like in the times to come. He knows exactly what to do and when. He handles his bowlers well and with a batting line that has been given to him, he can bring the best out of all. Runs – 195
7. Ravindra Jadeja (Chennai Super Kings) – He hasn’t got much of a chance to bat, but whenever he has, he has grabbed the chance. Jadeja comes into the team as an alrounder, whose 4 overs would be very crucial and also allows provides depth in the batting. Runs – 100, Wickets – 13
8. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (Sunrisers Hyderabad) – The pace attack would be led by this yound Indian speedster. He tops the wicket-takers list and has also bowled with an economy of below 6. He often bowls in the powerplay overs or at the slog overs and still has a wonderful economy rate. Wickets – 13
9. Mohit Sharma (Chennai Super Kings) – Though he might have gone for runs, yet he has also been among the wickets. He is second in the Top wicket-takers list. He would share the bowling attack with Bhvneshwar Kumar and these two could prove to be lethal to any batting line-up. Wickets – 18
10. Pravin Tambe (Rajasthan Royals) – He might be the oldest player playing IPL this season but he has also bowled like a 20 year old youngster. He is 4th in the wicket-takers list. He would be the prominent spinner in the team along with Ravindra Jadeja. Wickets – 15
11. Sandeep Sharma (Kings XI Punjab) – Third pacer in the team. He has been another find of this season. He has played just 8 matches this season and is still 6th in the Top wicket-takers list. Wickets – 14
If you feel there is any other deserving player, who should have made it to the list. Then let us know by commenting below.
Stat updated till May 15, 2014
Deepak Chahar Credits His Father In Shaping His Career
After the Nagpur T20I against Bangladesh, everyone is praising the Indian pacer Deepak Chahar. The 27-year-old Deepak Chahar credited his father in shaping his cricket career. Deepak Chahar first grabbed the attention through his consistent performances for Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in the Indian Premier…
Rohit Sharma’s Pep-Talk Helped Team To Gain Confidence And Determination: Shreyas Iyer
On Sunday, in Nagpur, we saw a collective contribution by the Indian team. Bangladesh won the toss and opted to bowl. India took up the challenge to bat first and proved that they can cross all the hurdles. Youngsters Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, Deepak Chahar…