After a disappointing batting performance by the batsmen of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) against the Delhi Daredevils (DD) they needed to up their standards against Sunrisers Hyderabd (SRH) and openers had to come to the party and they did rightly so.
Chennai set mammoth target of 210 for Sunrisers to score and inexperienced middle orders of the Sunrisers couldn’t keep up with the run rate and crumbled under pressure eventually. This match has also raised a question on the batting of Sunrisers as they lack experience after the openers and this adds more responsibility on the openers – David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan.
However when such a huge score is scored by a team, records are bound to be made and in this article we bring you all the important numbers from the encounter of Chennai Super Kings and Sunrisers Hyderabad:
1) McCullum or Super Man: Brendon McCullum played his 199th T20 match of his career and has 4th highest number of runs, 3rd highest number of 4s and 6s in the World.
2) CSK full of run-getters: Among the Top 10 run getters in T20 cricket, 3 of them feature in the CSK team – Brendon McCullum, Suresh Raina and Dwayne Smith.
3) Run machine Ishanth Sharma?: Ishanth Sharma conceded 23 runs in an over against CSK. Making it the 5th instance when Ishanth has conceded 20 or more runs in an over in IPL.
4) No ball problem: Ishanth Sharma bowled 5 no-balls in yesterday’s match. He is now placed 3rd in the list of bowlers to bowl most no-balls. Others are
S Sreesanth – 23
Ishanth Sharma – 19
Amit Mishra – 18
5) First in season 8: Brendon McCullum scored the first century of IPL season 8, he had scored the first century of 1st season of IPL too.
6) Centuries for teams: Brendon McCullum became the 3rd player in IPL history to score a century for two teams. Other players to do so are –
Adam Gilchrist – DC and KXIP
Virender Sehwag – DD and KXIP
Brendon McCUllum – KKR and CSK
7) 100 is a piece of cake: McCullum is now placed 2nd in the list of players to hit most centuries in T20 cricket. Others
Chris Gayle – 13
Brendon McCullum – 6
David Warner – 5
Luke Wright – 4
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Eoin Morgan Reveals About His Injured Finger’s Condition
England limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan suffered a finger injury on Friday (24th May). Later, Morgan has revealed that it was…
Kumar Sangakkara Feels Positive for England’s Sri Lanka Tour
The former cricketer and captain of Sri Lanka Kumar Sangakkara believe that England’s tour of the island will be carried…