In a huge blow to India‘s hopes of staging a revival in the remainder of the 5 test match series which is currently tied at one apiece, England‘s frontline fast bowler James Anderson has been handed a lifeline as Judicial Commissioner Gordon Lewis has found him ‘not guilty’ at the hearing which took place at Southampton on Friday.
Anderson escapes the ban after he was charged with level three misconduct following his clash with India’s Ravindra Jadeja in the Nottingham test. The verdict was passes earlier today after members of both sides gave evidence to Australian judge Gordon Lewis through the medium of a video-conference call.
The Indian contingent had alleged that the 32 year old pacer was the aggressor in a lunch time altercation with Jadeja. Anderson was accused of using abusive language and pushing the Indian all rounder. Anderson has been far from the most courteous bloke on the pitch as he is said to have been involved in a heated war of words with Ajinkya Rahane at the end of Day 4’s play at the Rose Bowl.
The verdict could have a significant bearing on the outcome of the series as former captain Michael Vaughan believes Anderson holds the key for the hosts. Anderson is just 12 wickets away from equalling Sir Ian Botham‘s record as England’s all-time highest wicket-taker and the Englishman will potentially look to make the milestone sweeter by reaching it on his way to a first English series win since last year’s Ashes.
Chris Gayle Not Retiring, Says Will Play Five More Years Of International Cricket
Chris Gayle has hinted at another un-retirement as the West Indies’ legend recently said that he might continue to play…
Lasith Malinga To Retire From ODIs After 1st ODI Against Bangladesh
Sri Lanka bowling legend Lasith Malinga is all set to bring down curtain on his ODI career as he be…