In the latest ICC Test batsman ranking announced today, no Indian player occuipes a place in the top 10. It is important for the likes of Virat Kohli, Pujara and Rahane to rise to the occasion and get into the top 10 rankings.
The top spot is occupied by Australia’s Test captain, Steve Smith. He will have a chance to increase the gap as his team will play the three match Test series against Sri Lanka starting from 26th July. Kane Williamson has risen to the second position because of some poor performances by Joe Root. He is currently on 868 points.
Hashim Amla has risen to the third place in rankings who is currently at 860 points. Joe Root who had a poor Test match at Lord’s has slipped to the fourth spot with 820 points.
South African batsman AB De Villiers occuipes to the 5th place who is currently with 818 points. Adam Voges and Younus Khan are on the same points but due to difference decimal points, Adam Voges is at 6th place and Younis Khan is at 7th place.
Australian left handed batsmen David Warner is at 8th place who is currently on 800 points. Misbah-ul-Haq who scored a century in the first innings of the Lord’s Test match has risen to 9th place in Test rankings.
The Sri Lankan captain Angelo Mathews completes the top 10 batsmen rankings in Test matches. He is currently at 785 points.
Here we look at the latest ICC Test batsman ranking:
- Steve Smith(Australia)-925 points
- Kane Williamson(New Zealand)- 868 points
- Hashim Amla(South Africa)- 860 points
- Joe Root(England)- 820 points
- AB De Villiers(South Africa)- 818 points
- Adam Voges(Australia)-811 points
- Younis Khan(Pakistan)- 811 points
- David Warner(Australia)- 800 points
- Misbah UL Haq(Pakistan)- 786 points
- Angelo Mathews(Sri Lanka)- 765 points