Australia showed their sheer form in the second ODI of the triangular series. India performed well but not well enough to be victorious. Opting to bat first initially, India posed a total of 267 runs on the board. In reply, Australia chased the total well. Indian bowlers did manage to put some pressure and it was quite a nail biting finish. Here is the list of the HITS and FLOPS of the match.
HITS of the Match –
1. Rohit Sharma (India): He was indeed the key Indian batsman today. He played his innings brilliantly and quite sensibly too. He struck his sixth international century today. Also the partnership between him and Raina rescued India from a batting collapse. He scored a total of 138 runs off 139 deliveries with 9 fours and 4 sixes.
2. Mitchell Starc (Australia): He has been in flying form in this triangular series. He has already clinched ten wickets in two games of the series. He bagged a 5-wicket haul today. He picked up six wickets which included the wicket of Rohit Sharma. He also created a hat trick chance today. He bowled his quota of full 10 overs and conceded 43 runs and picked up 6 wickets.
3. Aaron Finch (Australia): The Australian opener played the role of an anchor in the chase. He scored a brilliant half century. He played sensibly today and defended the balls initially. Unfortunately he was dismissed at the score of 96 runs and could not complete his century.
4. Suresh Raina (India): India suffered early blows in their batting. It was Raina and Rohit Sharma who rescued India from the collapse. Raina made a well deserved half century before he was caught in the mid on region by Maxwell from a delivery of Starc. He scored 51 runs off 63 deliveries which included 6 fours.
FLOPS of the Match –
1. Shikhar Dhawan (India): For yet another time, the opening partnership of the Indian batting line up failed to produce an impact. Rohit played his part but Dhawan disappointed with his batting. He scored just 2 runs when he was dismissed by Starc right in the first over of the match.
2. Ravichandran Ashwin (India): The leading spinner of India failed to produce an impact today and went for plenty of runs in his initial overs. Watson smashed him for plenty. He was expensive throughout. He managed to dismiss Bailey though.
3. George Bailey (Australia): It was a disappointing show from Captain Bailey today. He came in a situation where there was no pressure on the Australians. He gave his wicket to Ashwin and was dismissed for 5 runs off 11 deliveries.33
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||9||7||36|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
Virat Kohli Can’t Break One Of The Sachin Tendulkar’s Record: Virender Sehwag
Virat Kohli is said to be the best cricket player of this modern era. He has broken almost every record…
Match Preview – Day 29 – M#53 – Bengal Warriors vs Patna Pirates
HEAD-TO-HEAD (OVERALL) Overall: Matches – 15 | Bengal Warriors – 3 | Patna Pirates – 9 | Tie – 3…