Ramachandra Guha Writes To Vinod Rai, Questions Timing of Appointment of Coach
The resignation of Ramachandra Guha – a member of COA appointed by the Supreme Court of India – created a big suspense. Sources revealed that Guha has resigned due to the tensions going in the Indian camp between skipper Virat Kohli and Head Coach Anil Kumble.
On Friday, Guha wrote a letter to Vinod Rai, the head of COA, where he questioned everyone i.e. from BCCI to Sunil Gavaskar who has found himself Conflict of Interest row.
Here are few of the findings from Guha’s letter to Vinod Rai –
- He has indirectly questioned coaches of NCA and India A and has slammed BCCI for offering them a contract for 10 months which expires in the month of March, so as they can work with IPL teams. Guha has asked for an increase in compensation for these coaches so as they do no work with IPL teams.
- Guha has questioned Sunil Gavaskar, who is the head of the company and also a part of BCCI commentary team as well. This itself puts him in Conflict of interest row.
- Guha highlights the fact that Dhoni does not play Test cricket anymore, but has been given ‘A’ grade contract, which sends out a wrong message.
- He has questioned the move by BCCI to invite the applications for the post of Head Coach and has backed Kumble for his great performance. Along with that, he has also questioned the timing of a move.
- Guha has batted for an increase in the pay of domestic players and has recommended to hand them central contracts, so as to make the, feel safe and secure.
- He has questioned COA on the matter of being silent and inactive when the disqualified member of BCCI attended meetings.
- Guha has asked for a male cricketer to be inducted in COA and has recommended the name of Javgal Srinath.
- The noted historian has also revealed that COA was not consulted before few of the decisions were taken by BCCI.
At last, Guha signed off with a recommendation where he advised including a senior, respected, male cricketer with administrative experience in the COA to replace him. The Supreme Court of India will hear the plea of Guha in the month of July.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||17||13||72|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||18||7||47|
MS Dhoni Backing Out Of International Matches To Prepare Rishabh Pant For T20 World Cup: Report
MS Dhoni’s continued absence from international cricket has raised many eyebrows. After missing the Wes Indies and South Africa series…
WWE News: The Fiend Scares Away Seth Rollins On WWE Raw, Again
The Fiend Bray Wyatt continues to feed off his strength with newer opponents with every passing week. Even on the…