Selectors right in dropping the Seniors: Sunil Gavaskar
Sunil Gavasakar has backed the national selectors’ decision to exclude senior players such as Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Gautam Gambhir and Zaheer Khan from India’s 30 men probables for the 2015 World Cup. Gavaskar said he had already expected the selectors to drop the veterans as they had not made a mark in domestic cricket.
“It was not a surprise because they did not figure in the playing XI for over a year and a half. If they had been scoring runs or taking wickets (in domestic matches), they would have certainly been in contention. Cricket (however) has become quicker, faster and teams cannot afford to take passengers,” Gavaskar said
“Experience is invaluable, particularly in must-win games. But the fact is that they have not been in form, they haven’t brushed for a place in the 30 probables is a telling indicator,” Gavaskar said when he was asked why those players were not picked for their experiance.
Gavaskar feels, that is not a definite end to their careers. “You can never say it (career) is finished because cricket is a funny game. It does look like it is the end of the road for them but they will have to score tons of runs to stake their claim for a place,” he concluded
England Announces 13-Member Strong Test Squad For The Ireland Match
Ahead of the 2019 Ashes series, England will play an only four-day home Test match against Ireland. On Wednesday (17th…
Ravi Shastri Might Retain His Head Coach Role – BCCI Official
It seems like Ravi Shastri set to continue in his Head coach role for the Indian National Cricket Team despite…