Virat Kohli, on Wednesday (October 24), joined the elite list of players who have scored 10,000 runs in One-Day Internationals. The 29-year old achieved the feat when he scored his 37th ODI ton during the second ODI against Windies. He became only the fifthh cricketer after Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid and MS Dhoni to join this club. Overall, he became the 13th player to the landmark.
But unlike the others, Kohli’s consistency has been completely unprecedented. Not surprisingly, he has achieved several other milestones while crossing the 10,000-run mark.
So through this article, we take a look at other records that Kohli created when he joined the 10,000-run club:
1. Kohli broke Sachin Tendulkar’s record to become the fastest player to score 10,000 runs. Tendulkar achieved the feat in his 259th innings and in his 266th match, while it took Kohli only 205 innings and 213 matches to reach the same milestone.
2. The right-handed batsman completed his 10,000th run at 29 years and 353 days old. In terms of age, he is only behind Tendulkar who reached the 10,000-run mark at the age of 27 years and 341 days.
Also Read – India Announce Test Squad For Australia Series
3. Kohli’s Strike rate of 92.85 and his 37 centuries are the highest amongst all players who have achieved this feat.
4. Kohli is the fourth Indian to achieve this feat. And India now has the most number of players in this list, leaving behind Sri Lanka’s four. No other country has more than one player in this list.
5. It took Kohli only 11 innings to go from 9,000 to 10,000 runs.
6) Kohli has the best average among the players in this club. He has scored his runs at an average of 59.62 followed by MS Dhoni who averages 51.30 in ODIs.