Stats: 12 interesting facts about India v South Africa T20I series
Stats: A dozen interesting facts about India v South Africa T20Is series
India will take on South Africa in the first match of three-match bilateral series in Dharamsala. This series between India and South Africa will be the first where more than one match will be played. Till now, South Africa and India played 8 T20Is. Three matches in three bilateral series while five matches in the last five World T20Is. India holds the lead over South Africa 6-2. Before the match gets started today evening, I am bringing you one dozen of astonishing facts about India and South Africa series’ history.
The series is the first for South Africa in India.
Overall margin 6-2 (2006-2015)
India have won 6 while South Africa remaining 2.
1) Highest batting average – Morne van Wyk 67 (Durban Januray 9, 2011)
The veteran wicket keeper is not a part of South Africa’s marathon series in India. So, I have picked two batsmen’s averages who are going to play in today’s match. For South Africa : Captain Faf Du Plessis 61.50, for India: Virat Kohli 51.
2) Most wickets – Ravichandran Ashwin and Zaheer Khan 6 wickets each
For South Africa Johan Botha 4 wickets.
3) Highest run in a bilateral series – Colin Ingram 78 (Johannesburg March 30, 2012)
India – Rohit Sharma 53 (Durban, January 9, 2011)
**All the three bilateral series between India and South Africa were one match affair
4) The best best bowling figure – RP Singh’s 4 for 13 (Durban, September 20, 2007)
For South Africa: Johan Botha’s 3 for 16 (Nottingham June 13, 2009)
**Singh’s figure came in the World T20 2007 at Durban.
5) Highest individual score – Suresh Raina 101(St Lucia, West Indies, May 2, 2010)
South Africa – Colin Ingram 78 (Johannesburg March 30, 2012)
**Raina’s stormy innings came in 2010 World T20 in West Indies at St Lucia
6) Highest team total – South Africa 219 for 4 (Johannesburg, March 30, 2012)
India 186 for 5 (St Lucia, West Indies, May 2, 2010)
7) Most catches – AB de Villiers 7
India – Rohit Sharma 6
8) The Best batting partnership JP Duminy and Faf du Plessis 120 (Johannesburg, March 30, 2012)
India- Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh 88 (St Lucia, West Indies, May 2, 2010)
9) Highest run scorer – Suresh Raina 214
South Africa – Jacques Kallis 140
10) The best strike-rate from who is likely to play in the match
David Miller 165 and Suresh Raina 153.95
11) Highest winning margin by wicket and run
India by 6 wickets and 37 runs (Johannesburg December 1, 2006 & Durban September 20, 2007),
South Africa by 12 runs (Nottingham, Junje 16, 2009)
12) The lowest winning margin is 1 run. India defeated South Africa in the October 2, 2012 World T20 at Colombo.
IPL 2019, Match 43: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals- Match Preview, Predicted XI, Time and Venue, Head to Head, Pitch Report, Weather Report, Prediction
It will be a must-win contest for both teams when Kolkata Knight Riders lock horns against the Rajasthan Royals in…
IPL 2019, RCB vs KXIP: We Are Doing Good as a Team – AB de Villiers
Mr 360 AB de Villiers blasted 44-ball 82. His whirlwind knock has propelled hosts to 202 for four in 20…