Supreme Court Issues Show Cause Notice To Three BCCI Office Bearers As Requested By the CoA
Supreme Court has issued show cause notice to Amitabh Chaudhary and two other office bearers including C. K. Khanna. The Committee of Administrators (COA) has also earned the approval to prepare a new constitution of the BCCI.
Gopal Subramanian, the amicus curiae in the case, told the three-judge bench that the BCCI had not implemented anything from the July 24 Lodha Panel report.
Supreme Court Agrees With CoA
This step has been initiated after the CoA, led by Vinod Rai, urged the apex court to remove the current office bearers of BCCI, which includes acting president CK Khanna, acting secretary Amitabh Choudhary and treasurer Anirudh Chaudhary, from their posts for having failed to follow the orders of the court.
The trio will have now appear before the court on September 19.
In a report presented to the Supreme Court, the CoA concluded that the acting BCCI members have not been able to implement the reforms despite a six months window. The administrators also complained that the BCCI office bearers tried to limit CEO Rahl Johri role in the sports body.
The BCCI has repeatedly refused to act upon the Lodha reforms which were passed by the Supreme Court in July last year. As of now, most of the major reforms remain a subject of debate despite direct orders from the top court of India.
In the recent AGM conducted, BCCI showed signs of accepting the “suitable” reforms but no steps has been taken in that direction.
Board members may get fired
The sword now hangs on the heads of the current BCCI members who have to now either justify the cause of delay in the implementation of the reforms or face the axe like former president Anurag Thakur and secretary Ajay Shirke faced earlier this year.
A New Constitution For BCCI To Be Made Soon
The committee has also requested the Supreme Court for the authority to govern the BCCI until a better management is brought onboard.
CoA chairman Vinod feels that the responsibility to run the BCCI in the absence of the working committee is with the administrators and not the acting board members.
The same suggestion also made them demand the powers to draft the new constitution which has been allotted to them today.
Key Points Of Status Report
- Removal of current BCCI office-bearers as they are “unfit to continue” owing to non-performance
- Control of administration till the time it drafts new constitution of the BCCI and new office bearers are elected.
- State body elections should be conducted under the aegis of court-appointed observers.
- BCCI officials deliberately kept BCCI CEO Rahul Johri away from the July 26 SGM to deny CoA a first-hand account of the proceedings.
- Appointment of professional managers for management of BCCI as board spends crores on expenses of BCCI officials’ daily allowance and travel expenses.
- BCCI failure to appoint an ombudsman to address the conflict of interest issue.
- BCCI refused to implement the new fund disbursement policy to end the malpractice of misuse funds by state units.
Hardik Pandya Is Doubtful About His Future In Test Cricket
The 26-year-old Indian pace-bowling all-rounder Hardik Pandya is doubtful about his future in the Test cricket due to his back issue. However, he understands that his importance is in limited-overs cricket. After making his international debut in early 2016, Hardik Pandya has already played 11…
Anonymous Name Wants THIS SUPERSTAR To Be ‘F**King Fired’ From WWE!
It was earlier reported that Nia Jax proved herself to be an unsafe wrestler, yet again on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw. She faced off against Kairi Sane in a singles encounter. During the match, she threw her opponent into the steel steps,…