Supreme Court’s judgement on the IPL Spot-Fixing is being read out by the judges. Here is what the Supreme Court concluded after analysing the Mudgal report.
1. The SC observes that the BCCI is amenable to Article 226 and its functions are public functions which means CSK’s fate will be decided by the court or an independent panel. Not by IPL governing council.
2. Gurunath Meiyappan and Raj Kundra involved in Betting.
3. Gurunath Meiyappan and Raj Kundra are team officials and franchisee also liable to punished for misconduct.
4. Raj Kundra was heard by Mudgal panel, he can’t complain.
5. Allegations of cover up against Srinivasan not proved.
6. Apex court says it doesn’t need to review Mudgal committee’s findings.
7. Amendments made to rule Rule 6.2.4 (which allowed BCCI officials to own IPL teams) has been upheld.
8. Srinivasan as BCCI chief and owner of CSK created a conflict of interest
9. Srinivasan had deep rooted interest in CSK matches, his behaviour raises suspicion but isn’t proof.
10. N Srinivasan was not involved in covering up his son-in-law in betting scandal.
11. The argument that Srini owns a miniscule share of India Cements is misleading because his family owns much more.
12. The amendment to Rule 6.2.4 is struck down by the Supreme Court.
13. No BCCI administrator can have commercial interests.
14. Clause that allowed Srini to own a team is true villain in this case.
15. Srinivasan has to choose between BCCI top post and CSK.
16. Allegations against IPL COO Sundar Raman need to be probed further.
17. Amendments to be recommended by newly appointed Committee on BCCI elections, sports fraud, conflict of interest.
18. 3-Member Committee of former Judges RM Lodha, Ashok Bhan and RV Ravindran constituted SC Verdict.
19. Justice Ravindran, Justice Bhan and Justice Lodha to decide on the fate of Meiyappan,Raj Kundra & franchisee over betting.
20. Conflict of interest in Cricket leads to great confusion.
21. Srinivasan can’t contest BCCI elections this year.
22. BCCI to hold fresh polls within 6 weeks.
23. BCCI did not adhere to prescribed procedures while conducting probe in IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
24. N Srinivasan or any administrator having commerical interest in cricket can’t contest for BCCI post till they have those interests.
Bastian Schweinsteiger Backs Mario Goetze To Succeed After His Dortmund Departure
Former Germany star Bastian Schweinsteiger has backed Mario Gotze to be a success at his next club after it was confirmed he will leave Borussia Dortmund this summer. Dortmund’s sports director Michael Zorc confirmed on Saturday that Mario Goetze will end his run with the team after the…
When You Speak The Truth, You Are Considered Madman: Younis Khan
Younis Khan’s captaincy period was not as successful as his batting. He had to face a lot of ups and downs as a skipper. The Pakistan team was once also charged for match-fixing allegations under his captaincy. After Inzamam-ul-Haq resigned from the captain’s post, the…