Teams with first wicket falling at Zero for most number of times in ODIs
In One Day International Cricket, getting starts early on in the innings is perhaps just what the Doctor Orders for a team. It is also pretty much essential from a team’s point of view. It is seen quite often that whenever a team gets a decent start to its innings, it eases of the pressure from the middle order and the team gets to score freely. It is also a matter of fact that whenever a team succeeds with their opening partnership, the team goes on to win the match ultimately. And vice versa occurs. In this very article, we are to emphasize on the teams which lost their first wicket for no score maximum number of times. Here it goes.
- Pakistan – 53 times: The Pakistan team comes first in the list. Throughout the years, Pakistan had severe problems in finding their perfect opening pair in ODIs. Saeed Anwar, Aamir Sohail were two successful pros in the slot but apart from them, things were never settled. And thus, Pakistan tops the list. Also, there was a time when Shahid Afridi opened the innings for Pakistan and there had been quite a number of occasions when he was dismissed right in the first over.
- Sri Lanka – 50 times: The second in the list comes Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka has got some great openers in the likes of Sanath Jayasuriya, Marvan Atapattu and also Tilekaratne Dilshan. But Jayasuriya had been the bunnies of quite a few bowlers during his time. One of them was Zaheer Khan. He dismissed Jayasuriya right in the first ball of the innings for quite a number of occasions.
- India – 42 times: The Indian line up had some of the greatest opening pairs like Sachin-Sourav, Sehwag-Sachin, Sehwag-Gambhir but still India makes into the list as the batsmen ran through off-forms quite often. Also, India struggled to find the rightmost opening pair after Sehwag-Gambhir for quite some time. This led India to climb up in this list.
- New Zealand – 41 times: The Kiwi side has went through severe ups and downs in the past decade. And apparently, they struggled to find a perfect opening batsman after Stephen Fleming and Nathan Astle. Brendon McCullum opened the innings for them for quite some time but failed to score in quite a number of occasions. Thus, they are in this list.
- West Indies – 41 times: West Indies has been perhaps the most inconsistent side for the past decade or even earlier than that. They struggled to find an opening pair. Chris Gayle has been a consistent opening batsman for them but he struggled to find his form quite often and this led them to this list.
Image Credits: pictures.zimbio.com
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||22||15||85|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||22||9||58|
WWE Raw Preview (14/10/19): 2019 Draft Night II, Sasha Banks-Becky Lynch
Night II of WWE Draft is upon us as USA Network looks forward to wrapping up the program of the…
WWE News: CM Punk Return Rumors Fuels Up After Merchandise Removal
Reports are strongly backing up the rumors that CM Punk may be heading back to the WWE, once again. Ever…