Sachin Tendulkar is not only the most famous cricketer in contemporarycricket but also undoubtedly the most known Indian internationally, even in parts where cricket is known more as an insect than a sport. In his career spanning over 24 years, Sachin Tendulkar’s aura has won him countless fans, including those who played against him. Every now and then, someone comes up with a quote on Sachin Tendulkar that are worth reading so in following, we at Sportzwiki brings you a collection of sentences said by others to describe this living legend just before his two farewell Test matches:-
MUST READ – Highest ball faced in test cricket
1) “Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don’t know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their lives.” -British broadcasting corporation (BBC) sports.
2) “He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also.” –Waqar Younis, former Pakistan fast bowler.
3) “On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This Genius can stop time in India!” -Peter Rebouck, late Australian journalist.
4) “I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India” – Matthew Hayden, former Australian opener.
5) “Commit all your crimes when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed because even the Lord is watching.” -A fan at the SCG.
6) “We did not lose to a team called India. We lost to a man called Sachin” – Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1997)
8) “India me aap Prime Minister ko ek baar Katghare me khada kar sakte hain par Sachin Tendulkar par ungli nahi utha sakte”. (In India, you can sue Prime Minister for once but no one can contest Sachin Tendulkar). –Navjot Singh Sidhu, former India cricketer, politician and TV personality.
10) “I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I felt that this player is playing with a style similar to mine, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two…his compactness, technique, stroke production – it all seemed to gel!” – Sir Donald Bradman,The Greatest batsman ever to have graced cricket.
WWE Cancels Events Through April; Tours To Begin From May Onward
A global lockdown stage is in full effect to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic. It’s not possible to host sporting events, at all as all the outlets called off scheduled shows around the spring. WWE continued taping shows in a closed-door environment including…
John Wright Reveals Why He Loved Virender Sehwag’s Batting
Former Indian Head Coach John Wright has recently praised the former Indian fearless opening batsman Virender Sehwag. Virender Sehwag was famous for his fearless batting in any circumstances. He batted so destructively which hugely demolished any bowler’s confidence. Recently, on 29th March, the country remembered…