Want to be a professional cricketer?
The ODI series between India and Sri Lanka is nearing. There has been plenty of memorable encounters between these two brilliant cricket playing nations. Also, there has been good competition between these two teams whenever they met. There were quite a few nail biting finishes. In this article, we are to emphasize upon the leading wicket takers in India Vs Sri Lanka ODIs. But none of the bowlers will be featuring in the upcoming series.
1. Muttiah Muralitharan – 74 wickets: The legendary off-spinner had troubled batsmen all around the globe. Indian batsmen were believed to be good players of spin but even they were troubled by Muralitharan’s brilliance. He took 74 wickets in 63 matches against India with best bowling figures of 7 for 30.
2. Chaminda Vaas – 70 wickets: The left handed fast bowler for Sri Lanka was perhaps one of the brilliant bowlers for them. He used to open the bowling for Sri Lanka with his fiery spell. He played 61 matches against India and took 70 wickets. His best bowling figures against India was 5 for 14.
3. Zaheer Khan – 66 wickets: He has been India’s prime strength of India’s fast bowling for quite sometime. Due to his injuries, he was out of the Indian team mostly in the past few years and at the moment he is struggling to find his spot. He took 66 wickets in 48 matches he played against the Lankans. He liked to bowl Sanath Jayasuriya and had dismissed him in quite some mentionable number of occasions. He has best bowling figures of 5 for 42 against Sri Lanka.
4. Harbhajan Singh – 61 wickets: The brilliant off-spinner of India has been a great strength for India’s spinning department for quite sometime. He was also pretty much successful against Sri Lanka. He took 61 wickets in 47 matches he played against the Lankans. He has best bowling figures of 5 for 56 against the Lankans.
5. Ajit Agarkar – 49 wickets: The former right arm medium fast bowler of India, Ajit Agarkar was fairly successful against Sri Lanka. He was among wickets against Sri Lanka. He played 20 matches against Sri Lanka and managed to bag 49 wickets with an average of 20.61. His best bowling figures against Sri Lanka was 5 for 44.