Top 5 partnerships in the first test match between India v/s England
We have seen 4 hundred run plus partnership in the first test match between India and England which ended in a draw. Off the 4 100+ partnership two came for the 10th wicket partnership. Here is a list of Top 5 partnerships in the first test match between India and England.
5) Stuart Binny / Bhuvneshwar Kumar – 91(119) and Murali Vijay / Cheteshwar Pujara – 91(176) – Both these partnerships came in the 2 innings of India. India needed to build a strong base after losing out on having a good lead after the first innings. Both Murali Vijay and Pujara did well to get a good lead. But later on India lost wickets quick succession as a result there was a trouble of India getting bowled out cheaply and lose the match but Binny and Kumar came to rescue making sure India would play this match a draw.
4) Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar – 111(229) – India were at 346/9 in the 1st innings and it was good score though the team would have expected much more after the start they got. But the last wicket was still pending and Shami and Kumar were in no mood to start bowl so soon. These two batted for almost 40 overs and scored 111 runs taking India to 457.
3) S Robson and G Ballance – 125(276) – After the end of brilliant 1st innings from India, it was the turn of England to show their worth. Though England lost their captain early it was the turn of these two young batsman to show their worth. These played out the new ball very well and also managed to play out the spinner Jadeja with some ease.
2) Murali Vijay and MS Dhoni – 126(312) – After a good start India in the first innings and some good partnerships, there was need to have a big one to build a strong score. Murali Vijay needed a partner to play along with and the support he needed came in the form of MS Dhoni. Murali Vijay completed his century and Dhoni scored a good 80 runs. This partnership led India towards getting to huge score.
1) Joe Root and James Anderson – 198(320) – Yes this was the highest partnership of the match and it came for the 10th wicket of the 1st innings of England. This record breaking partnership is the 4th 100+ partnership for the 10th wicket on Nottingham at Trent Bridge. The previous best was 163 also came on this ground and this record was also broken on this ground by Joe Root and James Anderson. England were in huge trouble when they were 298/9 but Anderson came to support Joe Root and these two together did the impossible. With tail-enders also adapting to some useful batting it won’t be long when we can also see a 200 run plus partnership for the 10th wicket.
|Joe Root and James Anderson||198||320||10|
|Murali Vijay and MS Dhoni||126||312||5|
|S Robson and G Ballance||125||276||2|
|Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar||111||229||10|
|Murali Vijay and Cheteshwar Pujara||91||176||2|
|Stuart Binny and Bhuvneshwar Kumar||91||119||8|
Scott Styris, Sanjay Manjrekar Discuss The Differences Between CSK And MI
Former New Zealand cricketer Scott Styris and former Indian cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar recently talked about the rivalries between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Mumbai Indians (MI) – the two most successful teams in T20 cricket history. While the CSK have won three IPL trophies (2010,…
WWE Raw Preview (06/04/20): Wrestlemania 36 Fallouts
Following a historic Wrestlemania 36 event, the landscape of WWE Raw and Smackdown, as well as NXT, have drastically been changed. WWE looks forward to continuing the journey for the post-Mania season starting from tonight as they deliver the next episode of WWE Raw in…