Top five players with most test scores over 150 runs
Today we are going to discuss about those players who scored above 150 runs in test matches in their cricket career. Some big names is enlisted in this list. Let’s take a tour to watch those players.
6. Ricky Ponting (Australia): Ricky Ponting, the most unwavering player of his generation, grew into Australia’s most successful run-maker and only sits below Bradman in the country’s overall ratings. He plays all the shots with a full flourish of the bat – the cover drive and the pull are particularly productive methods – and knows only to attack. His magnificent, dead-eye fielding is a force in the game by itself. He occupied the 6th position in this list as he hit 15 centuries scoring above 150 runs. He made his first above 150 runs innings against Pakistan at Perth in 1999. He made his 15th above 150 runs score against India at Adelaide in 2012 as he scored 221 runs in this innings.
5. Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka): Mahela Jayawardene is easily one of the most graceful batsmen of his generation. His veritable quality as a batsman was never in doubt even when he just entered the international scene, but for Jayawardene the biggest challenge has been to justify all the early puff. He collected 16 centuries in his pocket where he scored above 150 runs in his test career. He made his maiden test century against New Zealand at Galle in 1998. He scored 167 in that innings. In 2014 he got his 16th century where he got above 150 runs. He scored 165 runs against South Africa. His batting has improved with age. He occupied 5th position in this list.
4. Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka): Kumar Sangakkara, one of the “most polished and prudent of batsmen” in cricket history. Cover drive is one of his regular scoring shots. He likes to hit the ball square of the wicket on the off-side. He is standing at 4th position in this list. He hit 17 tons scoring above 150 runs in his test career. His first above 150 runs score is 230, against Pakistan in Lahore. In this year he added his 17th century scoring 319 runs against Bangladesh.
3. Sir Don Bradman (Australia): Australian cricketer Sir Donald Bradman, known as the greatest batsman of all time, scored 29 Test cricket centuries, during his international career which lasted from 1928 to 1948. Among those 29 centuries, 18 centuries was having above 150 runs. In 1930 he made his first above 150 runs against England at Lord’s. He scored 254 runs in that match. He made his last above 150 runs score against England in 1948 at Leeds. He scored 173 runs in that match. He is number 3rd position in this list.
2. Brian Lara (West Indies):No-one since Bradman has built massive scores as often and as fast as Lara in his pomp. For a while, excess weight and hamstring problems hampered his once-lightning footwork, and the deluge of runs became an occasional erupt. He scored 19 test centuries containing more than 150 runs. In 1993, he scored 277 runs against Australia which is his maiden century. In 2006 he added his 19th century against Pakistan at Multan. He is standing at 2nd position in this list.
1. Sachin Tendulkar (India): the last but not the least Sachin Tendulkar ‘The Cricket God’ took the 1st rank throne in this list as he collected total 20 centuries containing more than 150 runs. He got his first century which is containing more than 150 runs, against England at Chennai in 1993. He scored total 165 runs in that match. Some of his finest performances came against Australia, the overwhelmingly dominant team of his era. In 2010, he secured his 20th century of this section against Australia at Bangalore.
|Player Name||Country||No of runs scored above 150 in Test matches|
|Brian Lara||West Indies||19|
|Sir Don Bradman||Australia||18|
|Kumar Sangakkara||Sri Lanka||17|
|Mahela Jayawardane||Sri Lanka||16|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||18||7||47|
India Vs South Africa 2019/20: Third T20I – Virat Kohli Reveals Why He Chose To Bat First
After losing the Bengaluru T20I on Sunday (22nd September) night, Indian captain Virat Kohli revealed why he decided to bat…
Twitter Reacts As South Africa Keep India In Check
The Indian team posted an under-par score of 134 runs after Virat Kohli won the toss and decided to bat…