SA vs IND 2018: Unique Records Achieved During the ODI Series
Virat Kohli & Co went into the record books as they became the first Indian team to win a series in the Rainbow Nation. India defeated South Africa by 73 runs in the fifth ODI to seal the series with one match to go.
Batting first, India posted 274 on the board banking on Rohit Sharma’s century. Meanwhile, Sharma who had a bad a series so far came good at the right time. He brought his 17th international hundred as India went past the 250-run mark.
However, in reply South African batsmen failed miserably as they got cleaned up within 201 runs. Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav did the job for India bagging six wickets. Also, Hardik Pandya provided a good support.
Hashim Amla tried to create some kind of resistance but ran out of partners as India registered their first bilateral series win.
Rohit Sharma and Ottis Gibson credited India’s top-order for the success. The likes of Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan played some amazing knocks well supported by India’s wrist-spinners to register the series win.
Here are some of the unique records:
1. The win helped India register their first-ever bilateral series win in the Rainbow Nation. On the previous tours, India had lost 5-2 in 1992-93, 4-0 in 2006-07, 3-2 in 2010-11, and 2-0 in 2013-14 respectively.
2. MS Dhoni became the first Indian and just the fourth overall wicketkeeper to affect 400 dismissals in One-Day Internationals. The World Cup-winning skipper achieved the rare feat when he stumped South Africa’s stand-in captain Aiden Markram off chinaman spinner Kuldeep Yadav during the third match in Cape Town.
3. Shikhar Dhawan became the 34th Indian to play 100 ODIs. He also became the first Indian and ninth overall to score a century in his 100 ODI game.
4. Virat Kohli became the first Indian skipper to lead the team to a series win in South Africa.
5. Kohli also became the captain to score most runs in a bilateral series in South Africa. So far, he has scored a staggering 429 runs in 5 games.
6. Kohli became the India skipper to score most runs on an overseas tour. So far, he has scored 715 runs and broke Rahul Dravid’s record. Dravid had scored 645 runs against West Indies in 2006.
7. Kuldeep Yadav has taken 16 wickets in this series so far. The chinaman spinner now has the record of most wickets in an bilateral ODI series. He broke the record of former Sri Lanka skipper Muttiah Muralitharan (14).
8. Kuldeep and Yuzvendra Chahal has taken 30 wickets in this series. This is the highest number of wickets taken by Indian spinners in a bilateral ODI series.
9. Rohit Sharma’s century in the fifth ODI was his first ton in the African nation.
10. Rohit Sharma now has 15 centuries as opener. He is currently third in the list. His century in the last game helped him surpass Virender Sehwag (14).
Afghanistan Vs Windies 2019/20: First T20I – Match Preview, Stats Preview, Where To Watch
After the three-match ODI series, Afghanistan and Windies are ready for the three-match T20I series. On Thursday (14th November), they will play the first match of this T20I series at Ekana International Cricket Stadium (Lucknow). The recent ODI series had the 3-0 result in favour…
Suryakumar Yadav Is Sure To Get The Chance In Indian Team
The Mumbai T20 captain Suryakumar Yadav is confident that he will get the chance to play for the country this year. The middle-order batsman has given an impressive performance in the ongoing domestic season. Earlier, Harbhajan Singh also praised the efforts of the player. SuryaKumar’s…