Younus Khan has been a force to reckon with in test matches. The Pakistani middle-order batsman has made run making look profusely easy with his audacious strokeplay. Recently in a test match against Sri Lanka, Pakistan needed 377 to win in a tricky chase in the fourth innings. However, an excellent knock of 171* from Younus Khan ensured that Pakistan created history.
More than the runs scored by Younus, it has been the stability added by Khan which has helped Pakistan the most. With a solid batsman like Younus in the middle order, the top order batsmen of Pakistan have developed immensely and have been able to play their natural game with ease. Younus has also been a great guide and mentor for youngsters in the Pakistani test side. The likes of Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq have learned tremendously from the way Younus operates.
Being an experienced player, Khan has also helped by adding his inputs for improved performances from the Pakistani side. Younus has scored runs in parts of the globe and it will be absolutely fair to include Khan in the modern day greats. His contribution to the Pakistani side has been simply priceless. He is currently just 19 runs away from becoming the leading run-getter for Pakistan in test matches.
To celebrate Khan’s great feat, we have a look at some of the unique test records held by this attractive batsman.
1. Only Pakistani to score centuries against all test playing nations.
2. 3rd highest run-getter for Pakistan with 8814 runs. Just 19 runs shy of becoming the leading run getter.
3. 54.07. The highest batting average for any Pakistani batsman in test matches.
4. 5 double centuries. The second most by a Pakistani.
5. 30. Most centuries by a Pakistani batsman.
6. 110. Most number of catches for a Pakistani player.
7. 5. Most tons in the fourth innings of a match.
8. 59. Most number of sixes by a Pakistani in test matches.
9. 51.95. His average away from home.
10. 60.59. His average in the fourth innings of a test match.