Arsenal vs Liverpool – Confirmed Line-ups – Sterling starts, Wilshere dropped
Arsenal host Liverpool which looks like a must win game for the visitors to keep their Champions League hopes alive. Liverpool are currently 5 points behind 4th place Manchester United, while a win for Arsenal might take them to second place if other results go their way. Raheem Sterling starts for Liverpool after rejecting a contract extension for Liverpool, while Daniel Sturridge is on bench. Academy star Cameron Brannagan is on bench for Liverpool after impressing in the charity game hosted by Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. Jack Wilshere is the only notable absentee from the Arsenal squad.
Here are the confirmed line-ups for both sides:
Arsenal starting XI – Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud
Subs: Macey, Gibbs, Gabriel, Flamini, Rosicky, Walcott, Welbeck
Liverpool starting XI – Mignolet, Can, Toure, Sakho, Allen, Lucas, Moreno, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic, Sterling
Subs – Jones, Johnson, Lovren, Sturridge, Manquillo, Borini, Brannagan
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) April 4, 2015
OPTA MATCH FACTS
- This game has produced five Premier League hat-tricks – more than any other fixture.
- Arsene Wenger’s side have won 14 of 16 games since New Year’s Day, including nine wins from 10 league matches.
- Arsenal have scored in all 22 of their league and cup games at the Emirates this season.
- Liverpool can set a club record by keeping a clean sheet in a seventh consecutive top-flight away match. Their current six-match streak equals sequences recorded in 1966 and 1972.
- The Reds have claimed 26 Premier League points in 2015 – only Arsenal, with 27, have a better record.
- Defeat to Manchester United was their first loss in 14 league games (W10, D3).
Mali Women Again Manage The Bizarre T20I Records
New international team, Mali Women’s national cricket team’s horrible runs remain to continue in their second international game on Wednesday…
2015 World Cup Semifinal was Less Emotional than IPL 2019 Final: Quinton De Kock
The South African wicketkeeper-batsman, Quinton de Kock has termed the IPL 2019 final as emotional than the 2015 World Cup…