Want to be a professional cricketer?
Real Madrid are clearly hurting after last night’s conundrum which led to David De Gea’s deal being left in a limbo and in the end, Manchester United goal keeper’s move was called off after LFP (La Liga Federation) declared that the necessary documents for the transfer to approve legitimate were not being presented before the deadline got over.
Following the incident, Real Madrid had called a press conference to explain the actions and throw light in to what made the deal collapse at the very last moment. Spanish Media were speculating all morning of an able justification and as expected, all the blame was thrown on Manchester United’s head.
That was exactly the case when Real Madrid release their official statement following De Gea’s failed transfer. According to the La Liga club’s announcement, they claim to agree each and every term of David De Gea and Keylor Navas transfers and had rightfully sent their end of the documents by 13:39 PM (Spanish Time).
Following that, Real Madrid claims that they received the revert 8 hours later at 21:43 PM (Spanish time). Without wasting little time, they signed De Gea and Navas contracts and again contacted Man United to speed up the process as it was getting closer 12:00AM (Deadline for the Transfer window). After haggling with Navas and Real Madrid, Man United sent their end of the documents for both De Gea and Navas, however, by that time the clock had ticked to 12:02 AM, meaning that the deadline was already over and De Gea’s transfer could not be completed.
This statement from Real Madrid does not make any sense when their key protagonist and La Liga expert Guillem Balague sat in Sky Sports HQ today and claimed that Manchester United cannot be held responsible for this almighty transfer goof-up.
Read the key excerpts from Real Madrid official statement here:
After the events of yesterday in relation to the alleged hiring of David de Gea player, Real Madrid wishes to state:
1. Manchester United did not open through negotiation by the federal rights of David de Gea until yesterday morning.
2. The Real Madrid and Manchester United reach a rapid agreement on the transfer of both players. After the drafting of the relevant contractual documents required and in order to proceed with sufficient time to process both the FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS) as its entry in the LFP time, Real Madrid Manchester United forwards contracts at 13 : 39 Spanish hour.
3. The Manchester United sent its comments to the contracts eight hours later, at 21:43 Spanish time, including minor modifications. Not being relevant, all changes were accepted immediately by Real Madrid, with the intention to register the player while both TMS and Professional Football League.
4. Real Madrid, after the signatures of the players De Gea and Keylor Navas, sent the English club said contracts signed at 23:32 Spanish time, we await to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United .
5. The Manchester United reached the final agreement with the representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time and is at that time when the contracts are sent to the player to be signed.
6. The Manchester United entered the TMS data from the operation of David de Gea, not those of Keylor Navas, at 00:00 Spanish time, simultaneously referring to Real Madrid transfer contracts signed. Real Madrid receives the full documentation at 00:02 and tries to access the TMS but it was already closed.
7. At 00:26 Spanish time the computer system of FIFA TMS makes an invitation to Real Madrid to fill the data player David de Gea, given that the deadline for registration in England remains open to this day. Real Madrid, in the eventuality of a contentious course of the transfer of the player, decided to refer the contract to the Professional Football League, even knowing that the deadlines had expired.
8. In short, the Real Madrid has done everything necessary, and at all times, to implement these two transfers.