EPL Preview: League leaders Chelsea travel to take on West Brom at the Hawthorns
New league leaders Chelsea travel to the midlands for their latest clash with Pepe Mel lead West Brom at the Hawthorns. Chelsea looking to extend their lead at the top and West Brom looking to continue their fine run of form; this clash ought to be a close one.
Pepe Mel’s West Bromwich Albion seem to have settled into the style of play demanded by their head coach pretty quickly. Though the sale of Shane Long seems to have left a void, Victor Anichebe and Saido Berahino have proved to be able to deputise in the goal scoring departments. West Brom enter this game doubtful about first choice defenders Martin Olsson (Hamstring) and Billy Jones (knee).
Probable Starting 11 : Foster ; Dawson – McCauley- Lugano – Ridgewell ; Theivy – Mulumbu – Yacob – Brunt ; Morrison; Anichebe.
The Blues seem to have found another gear in this title race since the victory at the Etihad. A very professional performance against Newcastle saw them spring to the top of the table. Chelsea will be without Captain John Terry for the second consecutive game. The return of Fernando Torres may prove to bring about a change in the starting line-up. A rest for Samuel Eto’o ahead of the clash with Manchester City in the FA Cup might just be on the cards.
Probable Starting 11 : Cech ; Ivanovic – Cahill – Luiz – Azpilicueta ; Lampard – Matic ; Willian – Oscar – Hazard ; Torres.
Big match stats:
- West Brom have won just one of their last seven Barclays Premier League matches at the Hawthorns (W1 D4 L2).
- Chelsea have kept clean sheets in each of their last four Barclays Premier League away games.
- The Baggies have kept just three clean sheets in their last 22 Premier League games on home soil.
- Chelsea have won five and lost just one (D1) of their last seven Premier League games on the road.
- After losing their first 11 Premier League meetings with Chelsea, West Brom have lost just one of the last four (W2 D1 L1).
- Demba Ba has scored six goals in six Premier League appearances against West Brom; more than against any other opponent.
- The seven cautions that West Brom earned against Chelsea earlier this season is the most yellow cards they have ever picked up in a single Premier League game.
- Chelsea have scored 11 goals from outside the box in open play this season in the Premier League – more than any other side.
- Over a quarter (28% – 8/29) of the goals that West Brom have scored this season have come via substitutes – a league- high proportion.
- The Baggies have seen 16 different players score a Premier League goal for them this season; more than any other side in the competition.
Please note: Stats provided by Opta Stats and www.dailymail.co.uk
WWE News: Goldberg Says He Owes A Receipt To The Undertaker
WWE has aired a preview clip from the post-TLC edition of “Broken Skull Sessions” on the WWE Network. It features WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin as the host and Bill Goldberg as the guest. Seth Rollins Reveals He Texted Dean Ambrose On…
Rumor: Veteran Superstar Claims Mike & Maria Kanellis ‘Misled’ WWE
There has been a lot of speculations over the status of Mike and Maria Kanellis in the WWE. Whereas Mike has requested release from the company, his wife is currently pregnant and in no condition to make an appearance on TV. This makes both their…