Football is a game famous in every corner of the world. Football is played in every nation and is one of the vital sports. Football is much famous in European countries where domestic leagues are also worth watching. Football has made a mark among the subcontinents also. Here is the list of Subcontinent teams and their rankings.
- Maldives– The Maldives national football team represents the Maldives in the sport of football, and is controlled by the Football Association of Maldives. The Maldives’ most significant success was winning the 2008 SAFF Championship where they beat the most successful team India in the final 1–0. Maldives is ranked 130th with 220 points.
- Myanmar– The Myanmar national football team is the national team of Myanmar and is controlled by the Myanmar Football Federation. It finished second in the 1968 Asian Cup. The Myanmar team was dominant in Southeast Asia in the 1960s and 1970s, having won the Asian Games twice; in 1966 and 1970. Myanmar is ranked 141 with 200 points.
- Afghanistan– The Afghanistan National Football Team , popularly known as the “The Lions of Afghanistan” is the national team of Afghanistan and is controlled by the Afghanistan Football Federation. They play their home games at the Ghazi National Olympic Stadium in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan. Afghanistan is ranked 143 with 190 points.
- Bangladesh– The Bangladesh national football team is the national team of Bangladesh controlled by theBangladesh Football Federation. It is a member of the Asian Football Confederation and has yet to qualify for the World Cup finals. It was one of South Asian leading team in 2000s. Bangladesh is ranked 165 with 103 points.
- India– The India national football team is governed by the All India Football Federation (AIFF). Since 1948, the AIFF has been affiliated with FIFA, the international governing body for football. In 1954, the AIFF became one of the founding members of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). At the peak of its success during the 1950s and 1960s. They won gold medals at two Asian Games and one silver at the Asian Cup. India is ranked 171 with 79 points.
- Sri Lanka– The Sri Lanka national football team represents Sri Lanka in association football and is controlled by the Football Federation of Sri Lanka, the governing body for football in Sri Lanka. A member of the AFC, the team have yet to make their first appearance in FIFA World Cup or AFC Asian Cup finals. Sri Lanka is ranked 172 with 78 points.
- Nepal– The Nepal national football team is the national team of Nepal and is governed by the All Nepal Football Association (ANFA). A member of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), the Nepalese football team play their home games at Dasarath Rangasala Stadium, Tripureswhor, Kathmandu. Nepal is ranked 186 with 49 points.
- Pakistan– The Pakistan national football team represents Pakistan in association football and is controlled by Pakistan Football Federation(PFF), the governing body for football in Pakistan and is a member of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). The team has not yet qualified for either the FIFA World Cup or Asian Cup championships. Twice they have finished third in the South Asian Football Federation Cup. Pakistan is 188 with 45 points.
- Bhutan– The Bhutan national football team represents Bhutan in international men’s football. Bhutan play their home games at the national stadium, Changlimithang. It is one of the younger national teams in the world having played its first match in 1982. The team is currently the weakest in the world and is, as of November 27, 2014 ranked 46th and last in the AFC with zero pointsand 209th in the FIFA World Rankings on zero points.
Khulna Titans Ropes in Shane Watson for BPL 2019-20 Season
Australian all-rounder Shane Watson has signed a contract with Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) franchise Khulna Titans. The veteran cricketer had…
Kane Williamson Says World Cup Loss Is A Bad Dream, AB de Villiers Commiserate
Surely, it would be tough to take such a loss in the final of the world cup. When you did…