Liverpool vs Burnley Preview – Liverpool’s Probable line-up, Team News and Predictions
Liverpool are well and truly back to their best which got us all excited last season when they ran Manchester City to the very last day for the League Title. Since turn of the new year, Liverpool lead the form table with most points in the league and are unbeaten since the New Year’s day.
Liverpool’s win over Manchester City have thrown them back in contention to finish in top 4 this season. Form is on their side, players are geared up to do well and the manager knows what he is doing, it all points towards exciting times ahead for Liverpool fans.
Liverpool will be delighted to see Steven Gerrard back in training, however he isn’t 100% fit to start. Youngster Jordon Ibe is due to be sidelined for a month while Momadou Sakho and Glenn Johnson are nearing a return for the reds. Daniel Sturridge will be gunning for a start after he was benched against Manchester City.
Liverpool’s revival this season is down to Brendan Rodgers switching to a 3 men defence and putting Alberto Moreno playing higher up the field to give defensive cover to Philippe Coutinho to play without fear. Wing-back strategy has worked wonders for the reds and in all fairness, players have stepped up to the challenge laid by their manager.
Liverpool’s probable line-up to face Burnley
Burnley are slowly getting drawn towards foot of the table. They are just 4 points away from being the bottom most side. Sean Dyche has failed to deliver a win for his team in last 6 league games. If we go further, Burnley have registered only 1 win in their last 11 games.
Travelling hasn’t been Burnley’s thing this season. They have won just 1 away game this term and playing Liverpool at Anfield isn’t the easiest thing to do at the moment. For this away trip, Sean Dyche’s side will be without the services of Matthew Taylor (2-3 weeks away), as well as Dean Marney and Kevin Long (out for the season).
Danny Ings will use this match to show Anfield faithfuls why he has been linked with a move to Liverpool next season.
Burnley’s probable line-up to face Liverpool
- Liverpool have won all three Premier League meetings, scoring nine goals without reply.
- The Reds have won their last seven home meetings with Burnley in all competitions, keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- The Clarets’ last league win over Liverpool was by 1-0 at Anfield in September 1974.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 11 league games, and have won six of their last seven.
- They are the Premier League’s form team in 2015 with 20 points from eight matches (W6, D2).
- The Reds have drawn five of their home league games this season, more than any other side in the top half of the table.
- Brendan Rodgers’ side have kept five clean sheets in their last seven Premier League games.
- Burnley have won just one of their last 11 league matches (D4, L6) and failed to keep a clean sheet in that period.
- The Clarets are winless in seven away matches. Their only away win this season was a 2-1 triumph at Stoke in November.
- They have conceded 45 league goals, the division’s joint-worst tally with QPR.
- Sean Dyche’s side have conceded 16 headed goals, the most in the Premier League this season.
- Reported Liverpool target Danny Ings has scored five goals in his last eight Premier League games.
It’s hard to look beyon Liverpool at the moment. They are playing without caution, banging goals for fun, not conceeding too much either. It all points towards a Liverpool win for and I see Liverpool win this one by at least a margin of 3 goals or more.
Stats Credits: Opta
Image Credits: lineupbuilder
Australia Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 Postponed Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
Australia tour of Bangladesh in June 2020 has been postponed indefinitely amid the novel COVID-19 or coronavirus outbreak. In this tour, they had the schedule to play a two-match Test series. According to the FTP schedule, Bangladesh had to host a two-match Test series against…
Aditi Rao Hydari Names Sachin Tendulkar As Her Favourite Cricketer
The legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar is the all-time favourite cricketer for Indians. His contribution to the Indian team and cricket history is unforgettable. The Bollywood actress Aditi Rao Hydari has also revealed that Sachin is his favourite cricketer. Well, there is a long list of…