ISL Finals – Interesting facts of Kerala Blasters and Atletico de Kolkata
The inaugural edition of Indian Super League that began way back in October 12, 2014 is all set to come to an end this Saturday with the two best teams face off each other for the coveted price. Atletico de Kolkata face Kerala Blasters in the finals of the ISL at the DY Patil Stadium in Mumbai. In the past two months, the football fanatics in the country had an amazing experience courtesy the ISL. Going into the finals, here are some interesting facts regarding the summit clash.
1. The owners of both the teams are former Indian cricket legends. Atletico de Kolkata is owned by the Prince of Kolkata Sourav Ganguly and Kerala Blasters FC is owned by legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar.
2. Both the two teams failed to finish in the top 2 at the end of the league stage. Atletico de Kolkata finished fourth while Kerala blasters finished third.
3. Kerala Blasters are the team with the least number of goals scored during the league stages. They had scored 9 goals in 14 matches.
4. Kerala Blasters are also the team with the least number of goals conceded during the league stage. They have conceded only 11 goals in 14 matches.
5. Kerala Blasters are the only team to qualify for the semi-finals with a negative goal difference. They had a GD of -2.
6. Both the finalists (Atletico de Kolkata and Kerala Blasters) have ended the league stage with 19 points from their 14 matches.
7. Both the teams won their respective semi-finals beyond the normal time to make it to the finals. Kerala Blasters beat Chennaiyin FC 3-1 on aggregate thanks to an extra-time goal while Atletico de Kolkata defeated FC Goa 4-2 in penalties after a 0-0 aggregate over the two legs.
8. Highest goal scorers for both the teams are foreign players and have scored the most same number of goals. Iain Hume and Fikru have scored five goals each for Kerala Blasters and Atletico de Kolkata respectively.
[pkl_srttable maid=”2″ id=”wordcup-sw” ]
Watch: Daniel Vettori Names The Cricketer Which Made Him Nervously
Former New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori opens up on his favourite player and shares more about his interest. The left-arm…
Suresh Raina Shares His Feeling After Sourav Ganguly Takes Over BCCI President
Veteran Indian middle-order batsman Suresh Raina is feeling very happy after Sourav Ganguly has taken the President role of Board…