Juventus Sign Venezuela Captain Rincon From Genoa
Turin, Jan 3 (IANS) Italian football champions Juventus on Tuesday announced the signing of seasoned Venezuela midfielder Tomas Rincon from Serie A rivals Genoa for three-and-a-half seasons.
“Juventus Football Club can today confirm that Tomas Rincon has completed a permanent switch from Genoa for a fee of 8 million euros ($8.31 million) — a figure which could rise by 1 million euros ($1.03 million) on reaching certain conditions within the contract,” the Turin club said in a statement.
“Rincon, who becomes the first ever Venezuelan to represent the Bianconeri, has signed a deal with Juventus lasting until June 30, 2020.”
Rincon passed his medical tests last week and has already started his training with Juventus.
The 28-year-old Venezuela captain played for Genoa for two seasons after joining them in 2014 from Hamburg.
He will be a strong option in the midfield, which has created maximum problems for Juventus head coach Massimilano Allegri so far in the season.
Juventus midfielders Kwadwo Asamoah of Ghana and Mario Lemina of Gabon will play in the African Cup of Nations (AFCON), scheduled from January 14 to February 5.
Moreover, Juventus’ another transfer target, Axel Witsel of Belgium has decided to move to China.
With the signing of Rincon, Juventus have a player who has plenty of experience at the international level, having so far appeared for Venezuela in 81 matches since his debut in 2008.
He said that signing with the record Italian champions is a dream come true for him.
“I’m very proud, and it’s an honour for me to be at this club,” Rincón told Juventus’ official website.
“I’m happy, it’s a dream to be here. Now we’ll start working to win a lot with this shirt. First I want to make myself available to my teammates, the staff, the club and then win the Scudetto, the Coppa Italia and the Champions League.”
IND vs WI: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, K L Rahul Hit Nets Before Home T20I Assignment
The Men in Blue have landed in Hyderabad a day before and are now gearing up for the IND-WI T20I series. The three-match limited-overs series will begin from 6th December at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium. The hosts are, however, in great form ever…
Sourav Ganguly Confident India Will Be Ready For The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020
Indian team is getting ready to play the three-match home T20I series against West Indies. Ahead of this series, the BCCI President Sourav Ganguly has revealed that he has some thoughts for the preparation for the next year’s T20 World Cup which he will share…