REVEALED – Top 20 fastest players in the Premier League, be prepared for a shock
Premier League is often described as the most fierce and pacey league in the world. Often the players coming from a different league fail to adapt to the brutal pace and tempo the game is played in England.
19. Joel Ward (Crystal Palace) – 21.03mph: One of legaue’s most consistent players, Joel Ward has seen his pace and value rise this season with Crystal Palace.
18. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) – 21.05mph: Many, including me were hoping to see the Chelsea supertar higher up the list. Hazard has been the outstanding player this season and his skills mixed with the brisk speed is a treat for his fans to see.
17. Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea) – 21.05mph: Ivanovic has been equally crucial for Chelsea’s season as has been Hazard. The Serbian loves to take on his opposing full backs and he is a beast in the air and can score few goals here and there.
16. Neil Taylor (Swansea) – 21.06mph: Swansea full back is widely tipped to leave the Club this summer and one of the key reason is his superb pace on the flank.
15. Phil Jagielka (Everton) – 21.07mph: Suprise, aren’t you? so was I to see the Everton center back in the list but as it turns out Jagielka can run faster than we all thought of.
14. Danny Ings (Burnley) – 21.11mph: Combine Ings’ superb finishing with this speed and he will be a tailor-made striker for the top clubs like Liverpool and Manchester United.
13. Jason Shackell (Burnley) – 21.18mph: Ings’ team mate is closely following him in the list as Shackell has been and will be crucial for Burnley’s survival hopes this season.
12. Ryan Bertrand (Southampton) – 21.18mph: Leaving Chelsea was the best decision Bertrand made and he is showing Mourinho, what he let go this season. Bertrand is knocking on the doors of an England call-up and with some speed too.
11. Christian Eriksen (Tottenham) – 21.19mph: Midfield maestro for Tottenham makes the cut as well. Often silky on the eyes, turns out Eriksen can run the short distances with ease as well.
10. Jake Livermore (Hull) – 21.19mph: Livermore drives Hull’s midfield on his own and he indeed needs his speed to run at opponent’s defenses.
9. Jack Colback (Newcastle) – 21.20mph: Perhaps the only shining light from Newcastle’s season as Colback managed to get in to England set up with fine performances, crucial goals and brisk pace.
8. Steven Caulker (QPR) – 21.27mph: QPR fans will not be overly happy with their multi-million defensive signing but Caulker is not short on speed.
7. Jordan Henderson (Liverpool) – 21.30mph: Yet another surprise entry for me because I never thought Henderson could runt his fast. As it turns out he is ready to fill Gerrard’s void quicker than we all thought.
6. Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton) – 21.41mph: If anyone deserves to be on this list then this is the man. Clyne’s rise to English football is a story worth sharing with everyone. Fittingly, he has been linked with the best teams in the league. Clyne will be an asset for any team he plays for.
5. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) – 21.42mph: The captain, the leader for Manchester United this season has still got the pace to worry defenders across the league. His solo goal against Spurs was an example of his brisk and decisive run in to opponent’s penalty box. The oldest player to feature in the list.
4. Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull) – 21.62mph: Elmohamady has been Steve Bruce’s secret weapon this season as the manager has managed to successfully deploy a counter-attacking playing style at Hull.
3. Raheem Sterling (Liverpool) – 21.78mph: The real speedster in all sense is Raheem Sterling. His speed is incredible and phenomenal at times. Sterling’s acceleration is a scray sight for defenders and no one likes to get anywhere near Sterling when he is in full flight.
2. Stewart Downing (West Ham) – 21.79mph: Downing is more playing in central role for West Ham this season but his drive and run on the wings is still an asset for West Ham and Downing clearly ha not left behind the speed which he was known for 3-4 years ago.
1. Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle) – 22.00mph: You could have seen this coming, no one could have. I am sure not even Newcastle fans knew about Sissoko’s potential when it comes to speed. It is not a surprise to see all the big teams across Europe vowing for Sissko’s signature next season.
Data courtesy of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index
[pkl_srttable maid=”2″ id=”wordcup-sw” ]
Mohammad Saifuddin Set To Miss India T20Is Due To Back Injury
Bangladesh’s right-arm fast bowler Mohammad Saifuddin is set to miss the upcoming T20I series against India. Saifuddin is expected to…
Babar Azam Likely To Get Leadership Roles For Tests, ODIs – Report
Pakistan newly appointed T20I captain Babar Azam is likely to get a leadership role in ODIs and Test format as…