Transfer Gossip :-
- Stoke City boss Mark Hughes is reportedly targeting Former Bayern Munich Croatian forward IvicaOlic in the summer as he decides that his attack needs bolstering.
- Under-pressure Manchester United boss David Moyes flew to Germany on Friday to keep an eye on Freiburg’s highly-rated defensive prospect Matthias Ginter after the 20 year old recently won his first German call up.
- Stoke City’s French midfielder Steven Nzonzi demands a move away from the Britannia at the end of the current season.
- Arsenal have reportedlyupped-the-ante on their interest in young Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata as they hope to bring they Spaniard to the Emirates in the summer.
- Misfiring striker Roberto Soldadohas been offered an escape route by Atletico Madrid from Tottenham after just one disappointing season.
- Manchester United are out in the market for defensive reinforcements as they prepare a move for Fiorentina’s former Manchester City defender Stefan Savic, according to reports in Italy.
- Borussia Dortmund’s German defender Mats Hummels could snub a move to Manchester United if the English Champions fail to reach next season’s Champions League.
- French frontman Loic Remy has been urged to join Newcastle permanently in the summer after the conclusion of the loan move he currently is on.
Wembley Magic beckons for Colback and co. :-
Ahead of the huge Capital One cup final on Sunday against Manchester City, Gus Poyet’s relegation-battling Sunderland are at the cusp of a historic Wembley triumph. However, there won’t be any favours shown from either side as both teams look determined to add a trophy to their cabinets.
- Sunderland AFC’s English winger Adam Johnson is desperate for Manchester City to “fail” at Wembley as he looks to down his former employers on Sunday.
- Local lad Jack Colback could well be a Wembley hero for Sunderland yet he may end up leaving this summer with clubs like Everton leading the chase for the 24-year-old midfielder.
- Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini believes that a victory in the Capital One Cup final on Sunday will kick-start his star-studded club’s quest for treble this season.
- Manchester City and England goalkeeper Joe Hart has made it clear that he is man enough to accept being axed in place of Romanian Costel Pantilimon for the Capital One Cup final.
In other news :-
- Arsenal FC have put plans to publicly announce manager Arsene Wenger’s new deal on hold.
- Spanish playmaker SantiCazorla is all set to sign a new deal that will keep him in London with Arsenal until 2017.
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says March will be the defining month for Arsenal’s trophy-chasing ambitions.
- Tottenham winger Andros Townsend admits that he had been down in the dumps as soon as he hit “the form of his life”.
- In a hope to rake in the cash if they miss out on European football, Manchester United plan high-profile friendlies in the summer.
- Former Norwich star Grant Holt says that he is not at Aston Villa because he is manager Paul Lambert’s mate instead he is there to keep the club safe, starting by beating Norwich on Sunday.
- Cardiff’s Welsh striker Craig Bellamy has hinted that retirement could be on the way if his boy-hood club avoid Premier League relegation.
World Cup 2014 Updates :-