Top 5 midfielders in the Premier League
With just over half a season gone and the table finally settling down into some niche, it’s a good time to look back at the best performers in the Premier League this season.
Some of the big/expected names like Oscar and Ramsey might miss out in this list and it is not because they weren’t deserving but we’ve tried to keep a diverse view in selecting the players with one player per club as a criteria to have more scope in evaluating performances, So here’s a list of the top-5 midfielders in the Premier League so far:
5. Adam Lallana: The newly capped England international has been one of the stars of the south coast club’s surprise form in the top flight this season, with the 25-year-old’s eye for a pass one of the chief reasons behind his first-ever call-up by the Three Lions last year. His leadership skills in midfield have been one of the main reasons by Southampton have had a brilliant season so far and thought there was a minor hiccup mid-way, they’ve surpassed every expectation anyone had from them this season.
4. Luis Fernandinho: Amidst the glitz and matter of the firepower that Manchester City possess in the line-up, a very important link in their play is this Brazilian Luis Fernandinho. Fernandinho has been a sensational capture for Manchester City. He could arguably be the best defensive midfielder in the Barclays Premier League at present. They needed more power in midfield, having been over-reliant on Yaya Toure and now with Luis partnering Yaya, Toure has got the license to be even more attacking whenever required.
3. Jordan Henderson: It has been a breakthrough campaign for the young Englishman, who is finally starting the show why the Reds were moved to pay Sunderland £20m for the 23-year-old in the summer of 2011. The young Englishman has really trained on at Anfield this season under the watchful eye of Reds boss Brendan Rodgers, as more than half a dozen assists to his name already demonstrates, and we are only in January too. Much of Liverpool’s success this season, especially in big games has been down to the remarkable form that he has displayed.
2. Mesut Ozil: Though Ozil might not have taken the Premier League by storm, he might have even been accused to being missing in big games but the kind of impact MesutOzil’s signing and his influence on the field has been, there’s no doubt that he deserves to be right up there with the best. The king of assists this season, MesutOzil has been the heart of most things that Arsenal has created in terms of their attack. His quality was never a question and he is only going to get better with time.
1. Eden Hazard: Without a doubt, one of the best players of the Premier League season so far, with a healthy record in terms of assists alongside his impressive goals tally for the west London club too. After 34 Premier League appearances in 2012-13, Hazard hit a respectable nine goals. This year, he reached that tally after just 22 and is showing no sign of stopping. He is on top of the club’s scoring charts and not only that, but he is winning games and points at vital moments for Jose Mourinho’s side.
Top five midfielders in the Premier League
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||17||13||72|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||18||7||47|
India Vs South Africa 2019/20: Virat Kohli Has A Heated Moment With Beuran Hendricks
Third and the last T20I against South Africa was disappointing for India. The inexperienced but talented Proteas gave India a…
Ex-Test Opener Madhav Apte Passes Away At The Age Of 86
Madhav Apte, the former Indian Cricketer, passed away at the age of 86 on Monday (23rd September) morning at Breach…