Conor McGregor Intends To Join WWE, Plan To Have 3 UFC Fights, Next Year
There have been earlier rumors of Conor McGregor joining the WWE in the previous years. The company heads, Vince McMahon and Triple H were quite ready to take him under the biggest pro-wrestling banner as he could be a major mainstream draw.
Reportedly, there have been some Wrestlemania plans around him, as well. However, those plans never came to fruition due to the fact that he is still under contract with UFC and does not have the permit to join the WWE. Velasquez spoke on his WWE Deal
In the meantime, his UFC colleague Cain Velasquez has joined the WWE in recent times. He is challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at Crown Jewel PPV event. Also, Heavyweight Boxer Tyson Fury will be competing on the show creating rumors whether this is a good time that Conor McGregor could think of joining the WWE.
During a recent press conference, Conor McGregor received the question of having a possible move to WWE (similar to Ronda Rousey’s WWE run). Here’s what he replied teasing a potential move to the pro-wrestling ring,
“I’ve had a beef with those guys over the years. But maybe the WWE.”
In case you have forgotten what beef Conor McGregor was talking about, we remind you that it started over his earlier comments. He took shots at WWE wrestlers while promoting his second fight against Nate Diaz in 2016. Here are his previous comments,
“The rest are dweebs. What’s the main guy? John Cena. He’s 40, he’s 40 years of age. He’s walking around in an illuminous orange t-shirt and a headband talking about. no one can see him. We can see him right there, he’s a big fat 40-year-old failed Mr. Olympia motherf**ker! They’re dweebs, those guys!
Like I said, no disrespect to the Dons of the game. I mean Vinny Mac’s a f**king legend. They wrote Vinny Mac a couple of years ago, then he rose back up and he’s back in the billionaires club.
What he’s been able to do with that bunch of dweebs he has over there at the moment has been phenomenal and I respect him for that. And then, of course, the old G’s of the game – The Rock, Stone Cold – they’re all cool motherf**kers.
Even Ric Flair’s a cool motherf**ker… but that new age of those guys are absolute dweebs… it ain’t trash talk, it’s true talk!”
Following these comments, WWE wrestlers hit Conor McGregor back in a negative way that might have prevented him from coming to the company, for then. But there’s a ‘never say never’ phrase in the business which no one can deny. Especially with a money-making deal, the presence of The Notorious One is definitely possible.
As for next year, Conor McGregor is set for making three appearances inside the Octagon. MMA Journalist Ariel Helwani reported that he wants to return to action on January 18 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
“McGregor is looking at 2020 as “a season.” He wants 3 fights next year: 1/18, winner of Masvidal/Diaz and then the winner of Khabib/Ferguson. And if Khabib wins versus Ferguson, he really wants the rematch in Moscow, I’m told.”
Serie A Given Permission To Resume Action From June 20; Italian Sports Minister Confirms
Italy’s Serie A can resume on June 20 after a three-month absence in a country hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora said on Thursday. No top-flight matches have been played since Sassuolo beat Brescia 3-0 on March 9, before the championship…
Bharat Arun Supports The Use Of Artificial Substance On Ball
India’s bowling coach Bharat Arun has supported the use of artificial substances on the ball amid the global pandemic. Earlier this month, the ICC committee led by Anil Kumble recommended banning the use of saliva on the ball as it could spread the virus while…