Gambling houses have thrived since their establishment in the 17th century and have evolved with the changing demands of users. And in the process, these casinos have bifurcated into two types- the regulated ones and the independent ones. The local regulated gambling operators are propelled by the local licenses such as the UK Gambling Commission license. They have their own perks and disadvantages. The independent gambling houses were built to dodge the restrictions and rules set by the regulated ones. For instance, if you have proposed to self-exclude yourself, you will have a hard time finding a UK regulated casino that’s going to accept you back.
On the other hand, independent online bookmakers at NonGamstopBets are good options for the players who want to avoid issues related to GamStop and other self-exclusion schemes. This convenient alternative to the strict UK regulated casinos has opened the doors to limitless enjoyment with efficient services. They operate under offshore licenses and offer a similar ensemble of game types from leading providers such as Azumi, Microgaming, Playtech, etc. Additionally, these sites abide by the guidelines of Responsible Gambling and adhere to policies of safe gambling.
Why Should You Go For Independent Betting Sites?
Independent bookies offer you a number of benefits over the regulated ones. But, before talking about benefits, here’s a quick fact about the security and safety status of the independent bookies.
The IBAS (Independent Betting Adjudication Service) acts as a watchdog over any dispute raised between the independent bookies and the customers and solves them. So, your problems are going to be heard and solved without any inconvenience caused. Also, all these bookmakers operate under offshore gambling licenses such as Malta Gaming, Curacao, etc. So, they are 100% safe and secure to invest your money.
Now, check out the interesting aspects of independent bookies.
- You can make safe and easy payments through Credit Card: UK punters are suffering from the recent ban on the usage of credit cards for betting. In independent casinos, Brits can get a significant amount of payments done through credit cards in a fast and secure manner.
- Maintaining “incognito” mode while gambling: Most gamblers prefer keeping their gambling profile anonymous. But, this cannot be achieved in highly robust and strict UK regulated casinos. Surprisingly, these can be achieved in independent casinos where neither do you have to go through ID verification by sending a photo of your ID or passport nor do you have to wait for ages for the verification to happen.
- Register and play: This is a major plus point of independent casinos. You can just register and play without going through the tiresome ID verification process.
- Punters from all over the world can participate: These independent bookies accept gamblers from all over the world.
- A lot of new gaming software providers on board: You will notice that independent bookies are emerging with a lot of reputable game providers every other day. So, this increases the spectrum from which you can choose your casino games.
Why You Should Go For Locally Regulated Betting Sites?
There are a handful of drawbacks about independent casinos that you need to be aware of. Therefore, choosing locally regulated sites might be a better option for you. Take a look below:
- They are non-GamStop sites so they do not offer you the self-exclusion scheme. You have to be a responsible punter and keep a check on how much you indulge in gambling. So, an independent casino is a big no-no for victims of problem gambling.
- In case of disputes or complaints against independent bookies, the IBAS will get involved and it might be a lengthy process. But, in the case of local operators, the dispute will be solved locally and there will be nothing to be anxious about.
- Another issue is safety. It is true that the local gambling licenses such as the UK gambling license has way more strict governance and way more assurance of customer safety than independent bookies who have offshore licenses. That’s a point to keep in mind.
Whether to go for independent casinos or regulated casinos is totally in your hand. This article is all about curating the advantages and disadvantages of both types of gambling operators. With that done and dusted, it is your decision to make. Both the options have a wide range of casino games to choose from and an equally exciting gaming interface.