Ajinkya Rahane is currently one of great Indian cricketer. Rahane is a technically brilliant batsman as well as he is a good fielder. Especially during the foreign tour, Rahane is one of the most dependable cricketers for India in recent days.
We will now talk about 10 interesting facts about Rahane in this article.
10 interesting facts about Ajinkya Rahane:
- Black Belt – Apart from a great cricketer, Ajinkya Rahane is also a karate black belt.
- India junior – Ajinkya Rahane also represented Indian junior cricket teams at his early age. In 2002, Ajinkya Rahane played for India U-15 along with Piyush Chawla. Later in 2007, Rahane also played for India U-19 along with Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, and Ishant Sharma.
- Unique first-class debut – Ajinkya Rahane made a unique first-class debut. In his debutant first-class match, Rahane had represented for Mumbai against Karachi Urban at Karachi in September 2007 in the Mohammad Nissar Trophy. The tournament had been played between the domestic first-class champions of India and Pakistan. As an opener, Rahane had scored 143 runs in the first innings.
- Sachin Tendulkar broke his record – Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar broke Ajinkya Rahane’s highest individual score by an Indian in List-A record. In March 2008 at Vijay Hazare Trophy, Mumbai opener Rahane scored 187 runs against Maharashtra at Pune, which had become the highest score by an Indian batsman in List-A career (including ODIs). With that knock, Rahane had surpassed Sachin Tendulkar’s 186 runs knock against New Zealand in 1999, which was the previous highest List-A individual knock by an Indian batsman.
On 24th February 2010, Sachin Tendulkar broke Ajinkya Rahane’s record and became first Indian batsman to score double hundred in List A career. He did it against South Africa at Gwalior as he remained unbeaten at 200 runs and once again became the highest Indian individual scorer in List-A. Currently, Rohit Sharma is the highest Indian individual scorer in List-A career with 264 runs.
- Six fours in an over – Ajinkya Rahane became the first and only batsman to hit six fours in an over in T20 cricket. In IPL 2012, Rajasthan Royals (RR) opener Rahane smashed six fours in the 14th over of the innings against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). The RCB bowler was Sreenath Aravind and Rahane scored a century (103*) in the match.
- Scored centuries in both innings of a Test match – Ajinkya Rahane became 5th Indian batsmen to score centuries in both innings of a Test match. It was the Test match between India and South Africa at Delhi in December 2015 where Rahane scored 127 runs in the first innings and also scored 100* runs in the second innings.
- Most number of catches taken in a Test Match – Ajinkya Rahane took 8 catches in a Test match against Sri Lanka at Galle in August 2015. It was the highest catches taken by any fielder (non-wicketkeeper) in a Test match. Rahane took 3 catches in the first innings and other 5 in the second innings.
- Ajinkya Rahane as a bowler – It is very rare to see Ajinkya as a bowler. Though Rahane never bowled a single delivery in the international cricket till the date, he took 3 wickets in List A career and also took 1 wicket in T20 career till the date. Rahane is a right-arm medium bowler.
- Arjuna Awards – In May 2016, the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) recommended Ajinkya Rahane’s name for the Arjuna Award 2016.
- Shirdi Sai Baba – Rahane is an ardent devotee of Shirdi Sai Baba.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||17||7||46|
India vs South Africa 3rd T20I Weather Report: Rain Threat Looms Large, Showers Expected At M Chinnaswamy Stadium
The third and the final T20I between India and South Africa in Bangalore could be largely affected due to rain….
Rohit Sharma Seven Runs Away From Leapfrogging Virat Kohli As Highest Run-Scorer In T20Is
India skipper Virat Kohli and his deputy in white-ball cricket, Rohit Sharma will start their race to be on the…