Australia vs South Africa Day 4, Second Test: Statistical Review
South Africa secure the three-match Test series against Australia by winning the second Test on day 4 at Hobart. Australia began the day 4 with an overnight score of 121/2 and were bowled out for just 161 runs.
South Africa won this Test by an innings and 80 runs. With this victory, South Africa won this Test series by leading 2-0.
Brief Scores: Australia – 85 (Steven Smith 48*, Joe Mennie 10, Vernon Philander 5/21) & 161 (Usman Khawaja 64, David Warner 45, Kyle Abbott 6/77)
South Africa – 326 (Quinton de Kock 104, Hashim Amla 47, Josh Hazlewood 6/89)
Results – South Africa won by an innings and 80 runs.
Here are some of the statistical highlights of Day 4 of the Second Test:
- Australia were bowled out for just 161 runs in their second innings of this Test. It was Australia’s lowest total in a third innings of a Test match against South Africa in Australia. Also, this innings (161) was Australia’s second lowest second innings total in a home Test against South Africa.
2. Australia lost their 20 wickets in this Test for just 246 runs. It was Australia’s 5th lowest Test match total on their home soil and lowest Test match total against South Africa ( overall), where Australia lost their all 20 wickets.
3. South African pacer Kyle Abbott bowled very well during Australia’s second innings of this Test. His final bowling figure at the end of Australia’s second innings was 23.1-3-77-6. It was the 2nd best bowling figure by a South African bowler in the third innings of a Test match at Australian soil.
4. Kyle Abbott’s final bowling figure in this Test was 35.5-6-118-9. It was the 4th best bowling figure by a South African bowler in a Test match in Australia.
5. South Africa won by an innings and 80 runs. It was South Africa’s first victory by an innings on the Australian soil.
6. This Test series victory was South Africa’s third consecutive Test series victory in Australia. The previous two were in 2008 and 2012. Before South Africa, only England (1884, 1887 and 1888) and West Indies (1984, 1988 and 1992) were able once to win three consecutive Test series victory in Australia.
ACB Removes Playing Ban On Mohammad Shahzad
On Wednesday (26th February), Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) Disciplinary Committee has announced that they have lifted the one-year ban on the wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Shahzad. Mohammad Shahzad was one of the top batsmen in Afghanistan national cricket team. He is the most T20I (1,936 runs) and…
Big Reason Why WWE Replaced Rusev With Rey Mysterio At Super Showdown
It was confirmed during this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw that the lineup of the inaugural Tuwaiq Trophy Gauntlet match at Super ShowDown was changed at the last moment. Rusev was removed from the match lineup. Rey Mysterio was announced to be the name,…