On Saturday (22nd August) afternoon, Guyana Amazon Warriors claimed a historic 14-run victory against Jamaica Tallawahs in the eighth game of the CPL 2020 at Brian Lara Stadium (Tarouba).
After Jamaica Tallawahs decided to field first, Warriors were bowled out for just 118 runs (19.1 overs). In reply, Tallawahs only managed to score 104/7 (20 overs).
Brief Scores: Guyana Amazon Warriors – 118 in 19.1 overs (Brandon King 29, Chandrapaul Hemraj 21; Carlos Brathwaite 3/14)
Jamaica Tallawahs – 104/7 in 20 overs (Andre Russell 52*, Rovman Powell 23; Chris Green 2/10)
The result – Guyana Amazon Warriors won by 14 runs
CPL 2020, Match 8: Guyana Amazon Warriors vs Jamaica Tallawahs – Statistical Highlights
Guyana Amazon Warriors
i) In the first innings, Guyana Amazon Warriors were bowled out for just 118 runs. However, they still managed to win the match by 14 runs.
- It was the second-lowest completed total for Warriors against Tallawahs. Their lowest completed total in this list is 93 runs (16.1 overs) at Basseterre on 7th August 2016.
- It is the lowest defended total in CPL history. The previous record was 125/9 (20 overs) by Barbados Tridents against Warriors at Providence on 18th July 2015.
ii) Three Warriors’ bowlers delivered one maiden over each in the second innings (Chris Green, Imran Tahir and debutant Ashmead Nedd).
- It is the first time in CPL history when three different bowlers delivered at least a maiden over in the same innings.
i) Chasing down the 119 runs target, Jamaica Tallawahs managed to score only 104/7 (20 overs).
- It was the fourth-lowest completed total for Tallawahs against Warriors.
- It is the lowest total in the second innings of CPL history when a team batted full 20 overs. The previous record was 111/6 (20 overs) by Warriors against Barbados Tridents at Providence on 18th July 2015.
ii) Both the Tallawahs openers scored ducks.
- It was the first time in CPL history when both the openers of a team scored ducks in the same innings.
Guyana Amazon Warriors
i) Leg-spinner Imran Tahir has picked up 37 wickets for Guyana Amazon Warriors.
- It is the joint-most wickets by a Warriors spinner. Former CPL teammate left-arm spinner Veerasammy Permaul also took 37 wickets for this side.
i) T20 debutant Ashmead Nedd had the bowling figures of 4-1-10-1.
- It is the best economical bowling performance by a CPL debutant (minimum 4 overs bowled).
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
i) Off-spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman had the bowling figures of 4-0-18-3.
- It is the best bowling figures by a Tallawahs spinner against Warriors. The previous record in this list was 4-0-21-3 by the Pakistan left-arm spinner Imad Wasim at Basseterre on 7th August 2016.
Andre Russell and Fidel Edwards
i) For the unbroken eighth wicket, Andre Russell and Fidel Edwards set up the 45 runs partnership.
- It is the highest eighth-wicket partnership for Jamaica Tallawahs.
CPL 2020: Updated Points Table after Match 8
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied (W/L)||No Results||Points||NRR|
|Guyana Amazon Warriors||3||2||1||0||0||4||0.607|
|Trinbago Knight Riders||2||2||0||0||0||4||0.584|
|St Lucia Zouks||3||2||1||0||0||4||0.208|
|St Kitts and Nevis Patriots||3||0||3||0||0||0||-0.733|