England vs Pakistan 2019, 3rd ODI – Statistical Highlights
On Tuesday (14th May), England claimed an impressive victory in the high-scoring match against Pakistan at County Ground (Bristol). The home team England won this match by six wickets (with 31 balls remaining) and has taken a 2-0 lead after this third ODI of the five-match ODI series. Here we are with some statistical highlights of this match.
After winning the toss, England captain Eoin Morgan decided to bowl first. The visiting side Pakistan managed to score 358/9 (50 overs) in the first innings. In reply, England chased down that target in 44.5 overs after losing four wickets.
Brief Scores: Pakistan – 358/9 in 50 overs (Imam-ul-Haq 151, Asif Ali 52; Chris Woakes 4/67)
England – 359/4 in 44.5 overs (Jonny Bairstow 128, Jason Roy 76; Junaid Khan 1/57)
Result – England won by six wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) Pakistan managed to score 358/9 (50 overs) in the first innings.
- It is the second highest ODI total for Pakistan against England. Their highest ODI total against England is 361/7 (50 overs) at Southampton on 11th May 2019.
i) The host side England successfully chased down the target of 359 runs (359/4 in 44.5 overs).
- It is the second highest successful ODI chase for England. Their successful record chase is 361 runs target (364/4 in 48.4 overs) against Windies at Bridgetown on 20th February 2019.
i) It was Eoin Morgan’s 198th ODI for England.
- Eoin Morgan is the most-capped ODI player in England cricket history. During this ODI, he surpassed the former English cricketer Paul Collingwood who played 197 ODIs for this side.
i) Pakistan opener Imam-ul-Haq scored 151 runs.
- It is the highest individual ODI score by a Pakistan batsman against England. The previous record was 138 by Fakhar Zaman at Southampton on 11th May 2019.
- It is the fifth highest individual ODI score by a Pakistan batsman.
i) English pacer Chris Woakes claimed his fourth 4+ wickets against Pakistan in ODI career.
- It is the most four-plus-wicket hauls for an English bowler against Pakistan in ODI history. James Anderson is in the next position with three times four-plus-wicket hauls against Pakistan in ODI cricket.
i) English wicketkeeper-batsman Jonny Bairstow scored 128 runs.
- It is the highest individual ODI score by an English wicketkeeper-batsman against Pakistan. The previous record was 116* by Jos Buttler at Dubai (DSC) on 20th November 2015.
- It is the third highest individual ODI score by an English wicketkeeper-batsman. The top two records are 150 by Jos Buttler (against Windies at St George’s on 27th February 2019) and 129 by Jos Buttler (against New Zealand at Birmingham on 9th June 2015).
ICC World Cup 2019: Celebratory Firing Injures 10 in Afghanistan
It was a day to remember for Afghanistan as they defeated neighbours Pakistan by 3 wickets in their opening World…
ICC World Cup 2019: David Warner Booed By English Crowd, Fan Calls Him Cheat
Australia opener David Warner was expected to receive some taunt from the English crowd and it turned out as expected….