ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 (Match 17): Australia vs Pakistan – Statistical Highlights
The defending champions Australia has returned to their winning track after beating Pakistan on Wednesday (12th June) during the match 17 of the ongoing 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup at Taunton.
After winning the toss, Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed decided to field first. Australia was bowled out for 307 runs (49 overs) in the first innings. In reply, Pakistan managed to score 266 runs (45.4 overs) before losing their all wickets. Australia won this crucial match by 41 runs.
Brief Scores: Australia – 307 in 49 overs (David Warner 107, Aaron Finch 82; Mohammad Amir 5/30)
Pakistan – 266 in 45.4 overs (Imam-ul-Haq 53, Mohammad Hafeez 46; Pat Cummins 3/33)
Result – Australia won by 41 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) Australia managed to score 307 runs (49 overs) before getting all out.
- It is the second highest total for Australia against Pakistan in Cricket World Cup history. Their record is 310/8 (50 overs) at Johannesburg on 11th February 2003.
ii) Australia won this match by 41 runs.
- It is Australia’s 10th consecutive ODI victory against Pakistan.
i) Chasing down the 308 runs target, Pakistan was bundled out for 266 runs (45.4 overs).
- It is the highest second innings total for Pakistan in Cricket World Cup history. Their previous record was 264/6 (49 overs) against New Zealand at Auckland on 21st March 1992.
i) Australian captain Aaron Finch scored 82 runs.
- It is the third highest individual score by a captain against Pakistan in Cricket World Cup history. The top two records are 107 by William Porterfield (Ireland) at Adelaide on 15th March 2015 and 91 by Martin Crowe (New Zealand) at Auckland on 21st March 1992.
ii) As an ODI captain, Aaron Finch has scored 533 runs against Pakistan.
- Aaron Finch is the most ODI run-scorer as an Australian captain against Pakistan. During this match, Finch surpassed the previous record holder Ricky Ponting who scored 504 runs as an ODI captain against Pakistan.
i) Australian opener David Warner hit his 15th ODI century.
- It is the joint second most number of ODI centuries by an Australian opener. Mark Waugh also hit 15 ODI centuries as an Australian opening batsman. The record holder is Adam Gilchrist with 16 ODI centuries as an Australian opening batsman.
ii) Australian opening batsman David Warner scored 107 runs.
- It is the second highest individual score by an Australian batsman against Pakistan in Cricket World Cup history. The record is 143* by Andrew Symonds at Johannesburg on 11th February 2003.
i) Pakistan left-arm pacer Mohammad Amir had the bowling figures of 10-2-30-5.
- It is the best bowling figures by a Pakistan bowler against Australia in Cricket World Cup history. The previous record was 9.5-1-40-4 by Wasim Akram at Leeds on 23rd May 1999.
- It is the second best bowling figures by a Pakistan pacer in Cricket World Cup history. The record is 9-1-28-5 by Wasim Akram against Namibia at Kimberley on 16th February 2003.
- It is the fourth best bowling figures by a Pakistan bowler in Cricket World Cup history.
i) Coming to bat at the no.9 position, Wahab Riaz scored 45 runs.
- It is the highest individual score by a no.9 or lower positioned Pakistan batsman in Cricket World Cup history. The previous record was 43 runs by Shoaib Akhtar (at the no.11 batting position) against England at Cape Town on 22nd February 2003.
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||9||7||36|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
Murali Vijay Likely To Join Somerset For Ongoing County Championship Season
After missing out the ongoing Caribbean tour, the Indian cricketer Murali Vijay is likely to sign for the English county…
MATCH NO – 51 Team: Puneri Paltan vs Bengaluru Bulls Score: 31-23
Chennai: Puneri Paltan pulled off an impressive victory in the first match of VIVO Pro Kabaddi League at the Jawaharlal…