ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 (Match 22): India vs Pakistan – Statistical Highlights
In the rain-interrupted match 22 of the 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup on Sunday (16th June), India thrashed Pakistan by 89 runs (DLS method) at Manchester.
After losing the toss, India managed to put 336/5 (50 overs) on the board in the first innings. In reply, Pakistan struggled hugely who later had to chase 302 runs in 40 overs. At the end of that match, Pakistan managed 212/6 in 40 overs.
Brief Scores: India – 336/5 in 50 overs (Rohit Sharma 140, Virat Kohli 77; Mohammad Amir 3/47)
Pakistan (revised target 302 runs in 40 overs) – 212/6 in 40 overs (Fakhar Zaman 62, Babar Azam 48; Vijay Shankar 2/22)
Result – India won by 89 runs (DLS method).
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) India scored 336/5 (50 overs) in the first innings.
- It is the highest total for India against Pakistan in Cricket World Cup history. Their previous record was 300/7 (50 overs) at Adelaide on 15th February 2015.
- It is the third highest ODI total for India against Pakistan. Their top two totals in this list are 356/9 (50 overs) at Visakhapatnam on 5th April 2005 and 349/7 (50 overs) at Karachi on 13th March 2004.
ii) India won this match by 89 runs (DLS method).
- It is India’s largest victory (by runs) against Pakistan in Cricket World Cup history. Their previous largest victory was winning by 76 runs at Adelaide on 15th February 2015.
- It is India’s third-largest ODI victory (by runs) against Pakistan. Their top two records in this list are winning by 140 runs at Dhaka on 10th June 2008 and by 124 runs at Birmingham on 4th June 2017.
i) Indian cricketer MS Dhoni played his 341st ODI match for the Indian national cricket team.
- Surpassing Rahul Dravid (340 ODIs), MS Dhoni is the second most-capped ODI player for India. Former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar is leading this table with 463 ODIs.
ii) MS Dhoni played this match at the age of 37 years and 344 days.
- MS Dhoni is the second oldest Indian player to play a Cricket World Cup match. While he surpassed Sachin Tendulkar’s record (last CWC match played at the age of 37 years and 343 days), only Sunil Gavaskar (last CWC match played at the age of 38 years and 118 days) is ahead of MS Dhoni in this list.
i) Indian opening batsman Rohit Sharma scored 140 runs.
- It is the highest individual score by an Indian batsman against Pakistan in Cricket World Cup history. Virat Kohli was the previous record holder with 107 runs at Adelaide on 15th February 2015.
- It is the third highest individual ODI score by an Indian opening batsman against Pakistan. The record is 141 by Sachin Tendulkar (at Adelaide on 25th January 2000) and Sourav Ganguly (at Rawalpindi on 16th March 2004).
i) Playing his 222nd ODI innings, Virat Kohli completed his 11,000 ODI runs as he has scored 11,020 ODI runs.
- Virat Kohli is the fastest batsman to score 11,000 ODI runs. He broke the previous record of Sachin Tendulkar (India) who achieved this feat on his 276 ODI innings.
ii) Indian captain Virat Kohli scored 77 runs.
- It is the highest individual score by an Indian captain against Pakistan in Cricket World Cup history. The previous record was 59 by Mohammad Azharuddin at Manchester on 8th June 1999.
i) Pakistan pacer Hasan Ali had the bowling figures of 9-0-84-1.
- It is the most expensive bowling figures by a Pakistan bowler in Cricket World Cup history. Their previous worst record was 10-0-82-3 by Wahab Riaz against England at Nottingham on 3rd June 2019.
UEFA Champions League: Top 5 Man Of The Match Performances In The Final Over The Last 10 Years
UEFA Champions League, a competition where Ferraris race against Lambhorginis, is one of the most prestigious tournaments in world football, particularly club football. UEFA Champions League is the ultimate glory in European football and it is only a certain number of teams that make it…
Top 5 Footballers In The Forbes World’s Highest-Paid Athletes
One of the most famous magazines of the world, Forbes, released data of the highest-paid athletes in world on Friday. Footballers including Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, and Neymar, all feature in the elite list of footballers who earn a lot of money through the sport…