ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 (Match 40): Bangladesh vs India – Statistical Highlights
On Tuesday (2nd July), India secured their semi-final spot of the ongoing 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup after beating Bangladesh at Birmingham in the match 40 of this tournament.
After India won the toss, they managed the first innings total of 314/9 (50 overs). In reply, Bangladesh fought very hard but failed to claim a victory as they were bowled out for 286 runs (48 overs).
With this 28-run victory, India have qualified for the semi-finals of this tournament. Meanwhile, Bangladesh have no chance to qualify for the knock-out stages of this tournament.
Brief Scores: India – 314/9 in 50 overs (Rohit Sharma 104, KL Rahul 77; Mustafizur Rahman 5/59)
Bangladesh – 286 in 48 overs (Shakib Al Hasan 66, Mohammad Saifuddin 51*; Jasprit Bumrah 4/55)
Result – India won by 28 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) India scored 314/9 (50 overs) in the first innings.
- It is the highest ODI total for India against Bangladesh at the neutral venues. Their previous record was 302/6 (50 overs) at Melbourne on 19th March 2015.
- It is the second highest CWC total for India against Bangladesh. Their record is 370/4 (50 overs) at Dhaka on 19th February 2011.
- It is the fourth highest ODI total for India against Bangladesh.
i) Bangladesh was all-out on 286 runs (48 overs).
- It is the highest CWC total for Bangladesh against India. Their previous CWC record was 283/9 (50 overs) at Dhaka on 19th February 2011.
- It is the highest ODI total for Bangladesh against India outside Bangladesh. Their previous record in this list was 283/6 (50 overs) at Karachi on 28th June 2008.
i) Bangladesh cricketer Tamim Iqbal played his 200th ODI match.
- Tamim Iqbal is the fourth Bangladesh cricketer to play 200 ODI matches. Mashrafe Mortaza (214 matches), Mushfiqur Rahim (212 matches) and Shakib Al Hasan (205 matches) are the first three Bangladesh cricketers to achieve this feat.
ii) By the end of this match, Tamim Iqbal has scored 1,018 international runs against India.
- Tamim Iqbal is the second Bangladesh batsman to score 1,000+ international runs against India. Mushfiqur Rahim (1,130 runs) was the first batsman to achieve this feat.
KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma
- It is the highest opening partnership for India in Cricket World Cup history. Their previous record was 174 runs between Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan against Ireland at Hamilton on 10th March 2015.
- It is India’s third highest ODI partnership against Bangladesh for any wicket. The top two records in this list are 213 runs between Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane (for the third wicket at Fatullah on 26th February 2014) and 203 runs between Virat Kohli and Virender Sehwag (for the third wicket at Dhaka on 19th February 2011).
i) Indian opener Rohit Sharma scored his fourth century in the ongoing 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup.
- Rohit Sharma is the only second batsman to hit four centuries in an edition of the Cricket World Cup. In the 2015 CWC, Sri Lankan batsman Kumar Sangakkara hit four centuries.
ii) It was the fifth CWC century for Rohit Sharma.
- Rohit Sharma is the fourth batsman to hit at least five centuries in CWC career. While the former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar hit six CWC centuries, the former Australian cricketer Ricky Ponting and the former Sri Lankan cricketer Kumar Sangakkara hit five centuries each in their CWC careers.
iii) By the end of this match, Rohit Sharma has scored 544 runs in the ongoing 2019 CWC.
- It is the second most runs for an Indian batsman in an edition of CWC history. Sachin Tendulkar is on top of this list with 673 runs in 2003 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- It is the fifth most runs for a batsman in an edition of CWC history.
iv) In CWC history, it was the second century for Rohit Sharma against Bangladesh.
- Rohit Sharma is the first batsman in CWC history to hit more than one century against Bangladesh.
i) Bangladesh left-arm pacer Mustafizur Rahman had the bowling figures of 10-1-59-5.
- It is the second best bowling figures by a Bangladesh bowler in Cricket World Cup history. The record is 10-1-29-5 by Shakib Al Hasan against Afghanistan at Southampton in 24th June 2019.
ii) It was the third five-wicket haul for Mustafizur Rahman against India in ODI history.
- Mustafizur Rahman is the third bowler to claim five-wicket hauls against India for more than twice in ODI career. While the former Pakistan pacer Aaqib Javed claimed three ODI five-wicket hauls against India, the former Australian pacer Brett Lee claimed four ODI five-wicket hauls against India.
iii) It was also the fourth time for Mustafizur Rahman to claim the five-wicket haul in ODI career.
- It is the joint most ODI five-wicket hauls for a Bangladesh bowler. The left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak also claimed four times five-wicket hauls in ODI career.
Shakib Al Hasan
i) Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan has scored 542 runs and also has picked up 11 wickets in the ongoing 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup.
- Shakib Al Hasan is the first all-rounder to score 500+ runs and also to take at least 10 wickets in the same edition of the CWC history.
- Shakib Al Hasan is the first Bangladesh batsman to score 500+ runs in an edition of the CWC history.
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||9||7||36|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
Virender Sehwag: MS Dhoni Could Have Come Up To Bat Against New Zealand In World Cup
Speculations are being made on the retirement of the former Indian Captain MS Dhoni. He was in the break for…
England Will Play 18 International Matches In The Next Home Summer
On Wednesday (21st August), the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has announced the full home international fixtures of the…