ICC WT20: Bangladesh vs Pakistan – Match in numbers
Pakistan began their WT20 2016 journey with a comfortable victory against Bangladesh in the Group 2 encounter of Super 10 stage. After winning the toss, Pakistan decided to bat first at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. With a good performance from the top-order batsmen, Pakistan made 201/5 in 20 overs.
In reply, Bangladesh only managed 146/6 in 20 overs, as a result, Pakistan claimed victory by 55 runs. Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi received man of the match award for his outstanding all-round performance (49, 2/27).
Below, are the statistical highlights of the game between Bangladesh vs Pakistan:
- It (201) is the highest total for Pakistan in WT20. The previous highest total for Pakistan in WT20 was 191 runs (twice) against Australia in Gros Islet (2010) and Dhaka (2014). Also, it was the 2nd best total score for Pakistan in T20I. The highest T20I score for Pakistan was 203/5 at Karachi (2008).
- Pakistan won the match by 55 runs, which is their 2nd highest margin of win in WT20 in terms of runs. The highest margin of win for Pakistan in WT20 earlier is 82 runs against Netherlands at Lord’s in 2009.
- Bangladesh batsman Shakib Al Hasan became the 2nd Bangladesh cricketer to complete 1,000 runs in T20I.
- Bangladesh batsman Sabbir Rahman has already scored over 400 runs in T20Is in this year. He became the 1st Bangladeshi cricketer and 9th overall cricketer to score 400 or more than 400 runs in T20Is in a calendar year.
- Pakistan scored 55 runs in the power-play which is the most runs for Pakistan at power-play in a T20I match in 2016. It was also the second-best power-play score for Pakistan since the end of WT20 2014.
- Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has become the second most wicket-taker in WT20 with 37 wickets after dismissing Bangladesh batsman Tamim Iqbal. He is just behind 1 wicket from Lasith Malinga (38 wickets), who is currently on the top of the most wicket-taker list in WT20.
WWE News: Backstage News On Brock Lesnar Winning Money In The Bank Briefcase
WWE Universe is not much happy to see Brock Lesnar back into the scene. He had a much-earlier comeback than…