India Tour Of Sri Lanka 2017: Statistical Review – 3rd ODI
India secured the ODI series after winning the third ODI of the 5-match ODI series against the hosts Sri Lanka at Pallekele.
Sri Lanka decided to bat first after winning the toss. They put 217 runs (217/9) on the board at the end of 50 overs.
Despite losing top-order wickets at the early stage, India reached the target quite comfortably in 45.1 overs after losing 4 wickets.
With this victory, India has taken a 3-0 lead in the 5-match ODI series.
Brief Scores: Sri Lanka – 217/9 in 50 overs (Lahiru Thirimanne 80, Dinesh Chandimal 36, Jasprit Bumrah 5/27)
India – 218/4 in 45.1 overs (Rohit Sharma 124*, MS Dhoni 67*, Akila Dananjaya 2/38)
Result – India won by 6 wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
- Sri Lanka put 217/9 on the board at the end of 50 overs. It is the second lowest ODI score for Sri Lanka against India on the Sri Lankan soil when they batted full 50-overs. Their lowest ODI total against India on the home soil, in this case, is 204/7 (50 overs) at Colombo (RPS) on 12th August 1993.
- Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah bowled superbly in this match as his bowling figure was 10-2-27-5. It is the second best ODI bowling figure by an Indian bowler on the Sri Lankan soil. The best bowling figure in this list is 6/59 (10-1-59-6) by Indian left-arm pacer Ashish Nehra against Sri Lanka at Colombo (RPS) on 9th August 2005.
- Indian batsman MS Dhoni became the fourth most ODI run-scorer for India. At the end of the match, Dhoni has scored 9,434 runs in his ODI career. The top 5 list is given below:
|Name||Matches||Innings||Runs scored||Average||Highest Score||100s/50s|
- Indian opening batsman Rohit Sharma played a brilliant knock of unbeaten 124 runs. It is the third highest knock by an Indian opener in the second innings of an ODI match on the Sri Lankan soil. The top 3 in this list is given below:
Top knocks by the Indian opening batsmen in the second innings of an ODI match on the Sri Lankan soil:
|Shikhar Dhawan||132*||Sri Lanka||Dambulla||20th August 2017|
|Virender Sehwag||126||England||Colombo (RPS)||22nd September 2002|
|Rohit Sharma||124*||Sri Lanka||Pallekele||27th August 2017|
- 5. Indian batsmen Rohit Sharma and MS Dhoni put a superb match-winning 5th wicket partnership for an unbroken 157 runs. It is India’s second highest 5th wicket ODI partnership on the Sri Lankan soil. The record is 223 runs partnership between Mohammad Azharuddin and Ajay Jadeja (for the 5th wicket) against Sri Lanka at Colombo (RPS) on 17th August 1997.
- MS Dhoni (India/ Asia XI) once again remained unbeaten (67*) at the end of the match. It was Dhoni’s 72nd ODI unbeaten innings which is the joint most no.of unbeaten innings for a batsman in ODI history. Two former cricketers, Shaun Pollock (South Africa/ Africa XI/ ICC World XI) and Chaminda Vass (Sri Lanka/ Asia XI) had also 72 unbeaten ODI innings.
Yuvraj Singh’s Mother Opens Up On The Cricketer’s Retirement, Says No Player Can Escape It
In the Indian cricket history, Yuvraj Singh is a name that would forever be known for his heroic game in the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup. However, the mother of the veteran star batsman Shabnam Singh says that his transition started a year or one…
India v West Indies 2019, 3rd T20I: Match Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch, Prediction
West Indies have made a comeback after winning the second game in the three-match T20I series, levelling the series with 1-1. India was not able to defend their first innings score in Thiruvanthapuram, which cost them a defeat in the second T20I. Now, the two…