India Tour Of West Indies 2017: Match Stats – 3rd ODI
India clinched another victory against West Indies, after beating the hosts by 93 runs in 3rd ODI on Friday at Antigua.
West Indies elected to field first after winning the toss. They restricted Indian team for 251/4 at the end of 50 overs.
In reply, West Indies were bundled out for just 158 runs in 38.1 overs.
With this victory, India takes a 2-0 lead in the 5-match ODI series.
Brief Scores: India – 251/4 in 50 overs (MS Dhoni 78*, Ajinkya Rahane 72, Miguel Cummins 2/56)
West Indies – 158 in 38.1 overs (Jason Mohammed 40, Rovman Powell 30, Ravichandran Ashwin 3/28)
Result – India won by 93 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match
- Indian wicketkeeper-batsman MS Dhoni played an important knock of unbeaten 78 runs. It is the second highest ODI score by an Indian wicketkeeper-batsman on the Caribbean soil. The record holder is also MS Dhoni with 95 runs knock against West Indies at Kingston on 28th June 2009.
- With this knock, MS Dhoni becomes the second highest ODI runs scorer as a wicketkeeper-batsman. At the end of the match, MS Dhoni has scored 9,442 runs in his ODI career as he surpassed former Australian wicketkeeper-batsman Adam Gilchrist (9,410 runs). Former Sri Lankan wicketkeeper-batsman Kumar Sangakkara is on top of this list with 13,341 ODI runs.
- MS Dhoni completed his 200 ODI sixes for India during this match as his total ODI sixes after this match is 208 (201 sixes for India & 7 sixes for Asia XI). Dhoni becomes the first Indian batsman to hit 200 or more ODI sixes. Indian legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar is next on this list with 195 sixes.
- Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin (150 ODI wickets) completed his 150 ODI wickets during this match. He becomes the 5th Indian spinner to take 150 or more ODI wickets. The other four Indian spinners are Anil Kumble 334 wickets), Harbhajan Singh (265 wickets), Ravindra Jadeja (155 wickets) and Sachin Tendulkar (154 wickets).
It was the 111th ODI for Ravichandran Ashwin, which means he becomes the second fastest (no.of matches) Indian spinner to take 150 ODI wickets. The record holder is Anil Kumble who had completed this feat in his 106 ODIs.
However, in overall, Ashwin becomes fifth fastest (no.of matches) Indian bowler to take 150 ODI wickets. The top four in this list are Ajit Agarkar (97 ODIs), Zaheer Khan (103 ODIs), Anil Kumble (106 ODIs) and Irfan Pathan (106 ODIs).
- West Indies were bowled out for just 158 runs (38.1 overs). It is their second lowest completed ODI total against India on the Caribbean soil. The lowest completed ODI total for West Indies against India on the Caribbean soil is just 121 runs (43.5 overs) at Port of Spain on 27th April 1997.
- In this match, India successfully defended their first innings total of 251 runs (251/4 in 50 overs). In the full 50-over ODI match, it is India’s lowest defending total on the Caribbean soil. Their previous record was 260 (260/10 in 50 overs) against West Indies at Port of Spain on 2nd June 2002.
R Sridhar Clarifies How Soon The Indian Cricketers Can Be Match Ready
While the battle against COVID-19 or coronavirus is still on, the world is now focusing on resuming the stopped life slowly but safely. The fielding coach of the Indian men’s national cricket team, R Sridhar, recently opened up how much time could be required for…
Suresh Raina Reveals How MS Dhoni Was Prepared For IPL 2020
While the former Indian World Cup-winning captain MS Dhoni hasn’t played a cricket match for more than last ten months, Suresh Raina has claimed that Dhoni was hugely focused for the IPL 2020. However, the cash-rich league has been postponed due to coronavirus pandemic. MS…