India Vs Windies 2019/20: Third T20I – Statistical Highlights
India won the three-match home T20I series against Windies by the 2-1 margin after winning the series-decider last game by 67 runs at Wankhede Stadium (Mumbai) on Wednesday (11th December) night.
Windies captain Kieron Pollard won the toss and decided to field first. While India scored 240/3 (20 overs) in the first innings, Windies managed to score 173/8 (20 overs).
Brief Scores: India – 240/3 in 20 overs (KL Rahul 91, Rohit Sharma 71; Kieron Pollard 1/33)
Windies – 173/8 in 20 overs (Kieron Pollard 68, Shimron Hetmyer 41; Deepak Chahar 2/20)
Result – India won by 67 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) After losing the toss, the hosts India managed to score 240/3 in the first innings.
- It is the third-highest T20I total for India. Their top two totals in T20I history are 260/5 (against Sri Lanka at Indore on 22nd December 2017) and 244/4 (against West Indies at Lauderhill on 27th August 2016).
- It is the third-highest T20I total without any century. The top records in this list are 260/6 by Sri Lanka (against Kenya at Johannesburg on 14th September 2007) and 241/6 by South Africa (against England at Centurion on 15th November 2009).
ii) Three Indian batsmen scored 70 or more runs in the first innings. These three batsmen are Rohit Sharma (71), KL Rahul (91) and Virat Kohli (70*).
- It is the first time where more than two batsmen scored 70 or more runs in the same T20I innings.
iii) India hit 16 sixes in their first innings.
- It was India’s second-most number of sixes in a T20I innings. Their record is 21 sixes against Sri Lanka (at Indore on 22nd December 2017).
iv) India won this match by 67 runs.
- It was India’s second-largest T20I victory (by runs) against Windies. Their record in this list is winning by 71 runs (at Lucknow on 6th November 2018).
i) While Windies lost this match by 67 runs, it was their 61st defeat in T20I history.
- In T20I cricket history, Windies are now holding the record of joint-most T20I defeats for a team. Sri Lanka have also suffered 61 T20I defeats.
Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli
- Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli are the joint-most run-scorers in T20I history.
i) The opener Rohit Sharma has hit 404 sixes in international cricket career.
- Rohit Sharma is the third cricketer to hit 400+ sixes in the international career. Chris Gayle (534 sixes) and Shahid Afridi (476 sixes) were the first two cricketers in this list.
i) In T20I career, Virat Kohli has scored 1,064 runs at home.
- Virat Kohli is the third cricketer to score 1,000 T20I runs at home. The New Zealand cricketers duo, Martin Guptill (1,430 runs) and Colin Munro (1,000 runs) were the first two batsmen to score 1,000 T20I runs at home.
ii) In international cricket career, Virat Kohli has hit 106 sixes at home.
- Virat Kohli is the sixth Indian batsman to hit 100 or more international sixes at home.
iii) Virat Kohli has hit 38 T20I sixes at home.
- It is the second most T20I sixes at home for an Indian batsman as Virat Kohli surpassed Yuvraj Singh (32 sixes) during this game. Only Rohit Sharma is ahead of Kohli with 49 T20I sixes at home.
i) The left-arm chinaman Kuldeep Yadav has taken 37 T20I wickets.
- Kuldeep Yadav is now the most T20I wicket-taker as an Indian left-arm bowler. Ravindra Jadeja, the left-arm spinner, is in the second position with 35 T20I wickets.
i) Windies captain Kieron Pollard scored 68 runs.
- It is the highest individual T20I score by a Windies captain at the away venues (excluding neutral venues). The previous record-holder was Chris Gayle with 67 runs (against the hosts New Zealand at Auckland on 26th December 2008).
ii) By the end of this match, Kieron Pollard has scored 9,935 T20 runs.
- Kieron Pollard is now the second-most run-scorer in T20 cricket after surpassing Brendon McCullum (9,922 runs). Pollard is now standing in this list only after Chris Gayle (13,152 T20 runs).
iii) Kieron Pollard has scored 1,058 T20I runs.
- Pollard is the fourth Windies batsman to score 1,000 or more T20I runs. The other three batsmen in this list are Chris Gayle (1,627 runs), Marlon Samuels (1,611 runs) and Dwayne Bravo (1,142 runs).
Sri Lanka Vs West Indies 2020: T20I Series – Sri Lanka Announce Squad With Three Changes
On Thursday (27th February), the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has announced the 15-member T20I squad for the upcoming home bilateral series against West Indies. After the conclusion of the three-match ODI series between the hosts Sri Lanka and the visitors West Indies, they will involve…
New Zealand Vs India 2020: BCCI Reveals Christchurch Pitch Before Second Test
Like before the first Test of the ongoing Test series between the hosts New Zealand and the visitors India, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has once again revealed the pitch before the Christchurch Test. The Christchurch Test will be the second…