IPL 2016: Kings XI Punjab batsman Shaun Marsh hospitalized
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) got a major blow ahead of their opening game in IPL 2016 as their star batsman Shaun Marsh is hospitalized on Monday morning due to food poisoning.
The Australian cricketer was fit and fine during Sunday training session but suffered from illness from the overnight. At the early morning of Monday, Marsh was admitted into the hospital. The news was confirmed by a KXIP official though they also said that there were no major concerns on that. Earlier, two other foreigner cricketers Kyle Abbott (South Africa) and Marcus Stoinis (Australia) were also suffering from food poisoning but they have recovered from that before beginning their journey in IPL 2016.
In their opening game of IPL 2016, KXIP is going to take on the new IPL team Gujarat Lions on Monday night at their home ground Mohali. The 32-years old left-handed Australian batsman is playing for KXIP team from 2008 IPL. He is just 9 runs away to reach in the 2000 runs club. However, he is going to be miss in the first game.
Shaun Marsh was one of the talented cricketers who came to limelight in the inaugural IPL season (IPL 2008). In IPL 2008, he had scored 616 runs in 11 matches with the average of 68.44 and strike-rate of 139.68; all of which were impressive figures in T20 cricket. He had hit 1 century and 5 half-centuries in that tournament including his best score of 115 runs at Mohali against Rajasthan Royals. He was the most runs scorer in that tournament and had become the first “Orange Cap” (tournament leading runs-scorer received this cap) holder of IPL history.
MSK Prasad Speaks On MS Dhoni’s Future In International Career
On Sunday (21st July), the chief selector MSK Prasad has clarified that MS Dhoni’s retirement decision is purely individual. Before…
Grant Flower Feels ICC Has Run Out Of Patience With The Zimbabwe Cricket
After the International Cricket Council (ICC) has recently suspended Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC), Zimbabwe’s cricket future is under the dark cloud….