IPL 2017: Match 44 – Sunrsiers Hyderabad vs Rising Pune Supergiant – Match Stats
On Saturday, Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS) strengthen their position to qualify for the playoffs after snatching a victory against defending champions Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in Hyderabad (Deccan).
SRH elected to field first after winning the toss. RPS were restricted for 148/8 in their allotted 20 overs.
In reply, SRH only managed to score 136/9 at the end of 20 overs. RPS won this match by 12 runs.
Brief Scores: Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS) – 148/8 in 20 overs (Bens Stokes 39, Steven Smith 34, Siddarth Kaul 4/29)
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) – 136/9 in 20 overs (Yuvraj Singh 47, David Warner 40, Jaydev Unadkat 5/30)
Result – RPS won by 12 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match
- RPS batsman Steven Smith scored 34 runs off 39 balls without hitting any boundary. In an IPL innings history, it is the most no.of balls faced by a batsman without hitting a boundary. The previous record holder was Ross Taylor (Delhi Daredevils) who had scored 25 runs off 35 balls without hitting any boundary against RR (Rajasthan Royals) at Delhi on 29th April 2012.
- SRH pacer Siddarth Kaul bowled very well in this match, as his bowling figure was 4-0-29-4. It is the second best bowling figure by an SRH bowler at his home venue (Hyderabad, Deccan). The record bowling figure by an SRH bowler at this venue is 4-0-19-5 by Bhuvneshwar Kumar against KXIP (Kings XI Punjab) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 17th April 2017.
On the other hand, it (4/29) is the second best bowling figure by a bowler against RPS. The record bowling figure by a bowler against RPS is 4-0-17-5 by Andrew Tye (Gujarat Lions) in Rajkot on 14th April 2017.
- SRH batsman David Warner completed 500 runs in IPL 2017. It is Warner’s 4th consecutive IPL season (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017) to score 500+ runs. He became the first batsman in IPL history to score 500+ runs in 4 consecutive seasons.
Also, it is the joint most times of 500+ runs score by a batsman in IPL season. Virat Kohli has also scored 500+ runs in four IPL seasons.
- RPS managed to score 148/8 in 20 overs. It is the third highest 1st innings score for a team against SRH at Hyderabad (Deccan). The top two 1st innings totals against SRH at this venue are 223/3 (20 overs) by CSK (Chennai Super Kings) on 8th May 2013 and 160/6 (20 overs) by RCB (Royal Challengers Bangalore) on 20th May 2014.
- RPS pacer Jaydev Unadkat took a hat-trick in this match. Here are some important stats of this hat-trick:
i) Jaydev Unadkat became the first left-arm pacer to take a hat-trick in IPL.
ii) Also, Jaydev Unadkat became the first RPS bowler to take a hat-trick.
iii) Jaydev Unadkat became the third bowler to take a hat-trick in IPL 2017. In overall, it was the 17th hat-trick in IPL history.
- RPS pacer Jaydev Unadkat bowled very superbly in this match, as his bowling figure was 4-1-30-5. It is the second best bowling figure by an RPS bowler. The best bowling figure by an RPS bowler is 6/19 (4-0-19-6) by Adam Zampa against SRH at Visakhapatnam on 10th May 2016.
Meanwhile, it was the second 5-wicket haul for Jaydev Unadkat in his IPL career. He became the second bowler to take twice 5-wicket haul in IPL history. James Faulkner was the first bowler to achieve this feat.
- In this match, RPS successfully defended their first innings total of 148 runs (148/8). It is the lowest defending total for a team against SRH. The previous record holder was MI (Mumbai Indians) who had successfully defended their 1st innings total of 157/8 (20 overs) against SRH at Mumbai on 25th April 2015.
- SRH lost this match by 12 runs. It was their first defeat in IPL 2017 at their home venue (Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad).
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: India Women Advance To Semi-Finals
On Thursday (27th February), India Women clinched their third successive victory in the ongoing ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 after beating New Zealand Women in the thrilling Group A contest and secured their spot for the semi-finals of this tournament. They are the first…
Five Indian Players Who Might Make A Comeback In The ODI Series Against South Africa
The Indian cricket team is currently busy playing the Test series against New Zealand. Although Virat Kohli and co. have already lost the first Test match, they will head to play the last Test match of the series, which will begin from 29th February. The…