IPL 2017: Match Stats – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
On Saturday, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) beat the defending champions Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at the Eden Gardens (Kolkata). After winning the toss, SRH decided to bowl first. KKR scored 172/6 (20 overs) at the end of the 1st innings.
In reply, SRH only managed to score 155/6 at the end of 20 overs, as KKR won this match by 17 runs.
Brief Scores: Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) – 172/6 in 20 overs (Robin Uthappa 68, Manish Pandey 46, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 3/20)
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) – 155/6 in 20 overs (Yuvraj Singh 26, David Warner 26, Chris Woakes 2/49)
Result – KKR won by 17 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
- KKR batsman Robin Uthappa scored 68 runs in this match. It is the third highest score by a KKR batsman against SRH. The top two in this list are: 90* by Gautam Gambhir (at Hyderabad, Deccan on 16th April 2016) and 72 by Yusuf Pathan (at Kolkata on 24th May 2014)
- KKR batsman Robin Uthappa and Manish Pandey put an important 77-runs partnership for the 3rd wicket. It is the highest runs partnership for the 3rd wicket by any team against SRH in the IPL history. The previous record was 68 runs between Glenn Maxwell and David Miller (Kings XI Punjab) at Sharjah on 22nd April 2014.
- SRH pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar bowled very well in this match, as his bowling figure was 4-0-20-3. It is the best bowling figure in IPL by an Indian pacer against KKR at Eden Gardens (Kolkata).
- KKR scored a total of 172/6 in 20 overs. It is the second highest total for KKR against SRH. The highest total for KKR against SRH is 180/4 (20 overs) at Kolkata on 14th April 2013.
- Chasing down the target, SRH only managed to score 155/6 in 20 overs. It is the second highest total for SRH at Eden Gardens (Kolkata). Their highest total at Eden Gardens (Kolkata) is 160/7 (20 overs) against KKR on 24th May 2014.
AB de Villiers Looking For A Big Bash League Stint In Upcoming Edition
AB de Villiers; the cricketer, who got the fan base across the globe is considering himself to participate in the…
IPL 2019: The Last Three-Overs Changed the Game – Shreyas Iyer
Delhi Capitals (DC) winning run came to an end as they lost to Mumbai Indians (MI) by 40 runs at…