IPL 2017 Final: Stats Preview – Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiant
On Sunday night, the Mumbai Indians (MI) and Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS) will clash in the final of IPL 2017 at Hyderabad (Deccan). This is the chance for both teams to sign off this season with the perfect style by clinching this trophy.
But everyone knows that there will be only one winner at the end of tomorrow night who will take the crown for this season!
So, both the teams are looking forward to winning the match for the final time in this season.
Before the beginning of the IPL 2017 final match, let’s check out some important stats in our preview:
- It is the first IPL final appearance for RPS while it is the 4th IPL final appearances for MI. MI is just behind of CSK (Chennai Super Kings) in making appearances in the most no. of IPL finals, as CSK has made 6 IPL final appearances.
- Out of 3 previous IPL final appearances, MI had won twice (2013 and 2015) and lost once (2010). On each occasion, CSK (Chennai Super Kings) was the opponent team.
- In IPL 2017, MI and RPS have played thrice against each other where RPS have won on all three occasions.
- Overall, there had been 5 matches played between MI and RPS before the 2017 IPL final. MI won only once while RPS won the other four times.
- In previous 9 IPL finals, the first batting teams had won 6 times while the second batting teams had won thrice.
- In the IPL final history, there were no such innings where all-out occurred.
- Currently, RPS wicketkeeper-batsman MS Dhoni needs 41 more runs to become the most runs scorer in IPL finals. Currently, Dhoni is in the third position in this table with 168 runs. The top two batsmen in this list are Suresh Raina (209 runs) and Murali Vijay (181 runs).
In addition, MI batsman Kieron Pollard is in the fourth position in that table with 123 runs in the IPL finals.
- Playing the IPL 2017 final, MS Dhoni will become the first cricketer to make 7 times an appearance in finals. Suresh Raina is in the second position in this list with making 6 IPL final appearances.
- MI spinner Harbhajan Singh needs 1 more wicket to become the most wicket taker in the IPL finals as a spinner. Currently, Harbhajan (4 wickets in IPL finals) is the joint most wicket taker in this list.
- MI off-spinner Harbhajan Singh (147 wickets) needs 3 more wickets to take 150 T20 wickets for MI (including Champions League T20). After Lasith Malinga (178 wickets for MI), Harbhajan will become the second bowler to achieve this feat for a particular IPL team.
- Other Important stats of IPL finals
Highest total – 208/7 (20 overs) by Sunrisers Hyderabad against Royal Challengers Bangalore (at Bengaluru in IPL 2016 final)
Lowest total – 125/9 (20 overs) by Chennai Super Kings against Mumbai Indians (at Kolkata in IPL 2013 final)
Highest individual score – 115* by Wriddhiman Saha (Kings XI Punjab) against Kolkata Knight Riders (at Bengaluru in IPL 2014 final)
Best bowling figure – 4-0-16-4 by Anil Kumble (Royal Challengers Bangalore) against Deccan Chargers (at Johannesburg in IPL 2009 final)
Cheteshwar Pujara Refers Himself As The ‘Die-Hard’ Fan Of The Test Cricket
The Indian Test cricketer, Cheteshwar Pujara has established his name as one of the best top-order batsmen for the team in the red-ball game. In the time of ODI and T20I cricket, Pujara has restated his love for the longer form of cricket at the…
IPL 2020: Complete Schedule Of Kings XI Punjab
On last Saturday (15th January) night, the full league stage schedule of IPL 2020 has been revealed. Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) has also released their full fixtures during the league stage of IPL 2020. IPL 2020 will be the 13th edition of the Indian Premier…