IPL 2019, Match 1: Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Statistical Highlights
The defending champions Chennai Super Kings (CSK) have started the IPL 2019 in a thrashing way after defeating Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) by a huge margin. In the opening game of IPL 2019, CSK beat RCB by seven wickets (with 14 balls remaining).
CSK captain MS Dhoni decided to field first after winning the toss. In the first innings, RCB was bundled out for just 70 runs in 17.1 overs. In reply, CSK comfortably chased down that tiny target in 17.4 overs after losing three wickets.
Brief Scores: RCB – 70 in 17.1 overs (Parthiv Patel 29, Moeen Ali 9; Imran Tahir 3/9)
CSK – 71/3 in 17.4 overs (Ambati Rayudu 28, Suresh Raina 19; Mohammed Siraj 1/5)
Result – CSK won by seven wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) RCB was bundled out for just 70 runs (17.1 overs).
- It is the lowest completed total for any team against CSK. The previous lowest was 83 (17.3 overs) by Delhi Daredevils at Delhi on 18th April 2013.
- It was the joint second lowest completed total for RCB. On 26th April 2014, Rajasthan Royals also bundled them for the same runs (70 in 15 overs) at Abu Dhabi. However, RCB’s lowest completed total is 49 runs against Kolkata Knight Riders at Kolkata on 23rd April 2017.
- It was the joint sixth lowest completed total in IPL history.
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||49 (9.4)||Kolkata Knight Riders||Kolkata||23 April 2017|
|Rajasthan Royals||58 (15.1)||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Cape Town||18 April 2009|
|Delhi Daredevils||66 (13.4)||Mumbai Indians||Delhi||6 May 2017|
|Delhi Daredevils||67 (17.1)||Kings XI Punjab||Mohali||30 April 2017|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||67 (15.2)||Mumbai Indians||Mumbai||16 May 2008|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||70 (17.1)||Chennai Super Kings||Chennai||23 March 2019|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||70 (15)||Rajasthan Royals||Abu Dhabi||26 April 2014|
|Kings XI Punjab||73 (15.5)||Rising Pune Supergiant||Pune||14 May 2017|
|Kochi Tuskers Kerala||74 (16.3)||Deccan Chargers||Kochi||27 April 2011|
|Chennai Super Kings||79 (15.2)||Mumbai Indians||Mumbai||5 May 2013|
i) CSK leg-spinner Imran Tahir had the bowling figures of 4-1-9-3.
- It is the best bowling figures by a spinner in a T20 match between CSK and RCB. The previous record holder was Muttiah Muralitharan (CSK) with the bowling figures of 4-1-11-3 at Port Elizabeth on 20th April 2009.
i) By the end of the match, CSK batsman Suresh Raina has scored 5,004 runs in IPL career.
- Suresh Raina is the first batsman in IPL history to score 5,000 runs.
ii) By the end of the match, Suresh Raina has scored 5,005 runs for CSK.
- Suresh Raina is the second cricketer to score 5,000 T20 runs for a particular side. Virat Kohli was the first cricketer to achieve this feat as he has scored 5,378 runs for RCB.
i) RCB leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal had the bowling figures of 4-1-6-1 with the economy rate of 1.50.
- It is the joint best economical bowling figures (completing the four overs quota) in IPL history. Earlier, Fidel Edwards (Deccan Chargers) had delivered the bowling figures of 4-1-6-0 (against Kolkata Knight Riders at Cape Town on 19th April 2009), and Ashish Nehra (Delhi Daredevils) had delivered the bowling figures of 4-1-6-1 (against Kings XI Punjab at Bloemfontein at 15th May 2009).
IPL 2019: Match 34, Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians- Match Review
It turned out to be a convincing victory for Mumbai Indians as they defeated Delhi Capitals by 40 runs in…
IPL 2019: Watch – Hardik Pandya Imitates Helicopter Shot to Perfection to Dismiss Kagiso Rabada over Long-on
Mumbai Indians (MI) all-rounders Hardik Pandya and Krunal Pandya powered their side to post 168 runs at the end of…