IPL 2019, Match 11: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Statistical Highlights
On Sunday (31st March) evening, the host side Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) thrashed the visitors Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (Hyderabad).
The visiting captain Virat Kohli decided to bowl first after winning the toss. In the first innings, SRH scored 231/2 (20 overs). In reply, the visiting side only managed to score 113 runs (19.5 overs) before losing their all wickets. The host side won the match by 118 runs.
Brief Scores: SRH – 231/2 in 20 overs (Jonny Bairstow 114, David Warner 100; Yuzvendra Chahal 1/44)
RCB – 113 in 19.5 overs (Colin de Grandhomme 37, Prayas Ray Barman 19; Mohammad Nabi 4/11)
Result – SRH won by 118 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) SRH scored 231/2 in 20 overs.
- It is the highest T20 total at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (Hyderabad). The previous record was 223/3 (20 overs) by Chennai Super Kings against SRH on 8th May 2013.
- It is the highest T20 total for SRH. Their previous record was 209/3 (20 overs) against Kolkata Knight Riders at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 30th April 2017.
- It was the second highest T20 total for any team against RCB. The record is 232/2 (20 overs) by Kings XI Punjab at Dharamsala on 17th May 2011.
ii) SRH won the match by 118 runs.
- It is the largest T20 victory (by runs) for SRH. Their previous record was winning by 85 runs against Mumbai Indians at Visakhapatnam on 8th May 2016.
- It is the sixth largest victory (by runs) for any team in IPL history.
i) RCB was bundled out for just 113 runs (19.5 overs).
- It is the lowest completed T20 total for RCB against SRH. Their previous lowest was 130/8 (20 overs) at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 7th April 2013.
ii) RCB lost the match by 118 runs.
- It is the second largest T20 defeat (by runs) for RCB. Their record defeat is losing by 140 runs against Kolkata Knight Riders at Bengaluru on 18th April 2008.
Prayas Ray Barman
i) At the age of just 16 years and 157 days, RCB cricketer Prayas Ray Barman made his IPL debut.
- Prayas Ray Barman became the youngest cricketer to make IPL debut. The previous record holder was Mujeeb Ur Rahman who made IPL debut at the age of 17 years and 11 days.
i) SRH opener Jonny Bairstow scored 114 runs.
- It was the second highest individual score by an SRH batsman. The record is 126 by David Warner against Kolkata Knight Riders at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 30th April 2017.
i) By the end of this match, David Warner has scored 2,833 runs for SRH.
- David Warner is the leading T20 run-scorer for SRH. He surpassed the former SRH opener Shikhar Dhawan who scored 2,768 T20 runs for SRH.
ii) David Warner remained not out on 100 runs.
- David Warner scored his 7th century in T20 Cricket. Now he has joint second most centuries in T20 Cricket.
|Player||Number of T20 centuries|
- It was David Warner’s fourth IPL century which was the joint second most number of IPL centuries for any batsman.
|Player||Number of T20 centuries|
Jonny Bairstow and David Warner
i) SRH openers Jonny Bairstow and David Warner put a 185-run partnership for the first wicket.
- It is the highest opening partnership in IPL history. The previous record was 184* runs between Gautam Gambhir and Chris Lynn (Kolkata Knight Riders) against Gujarat Lions at Rajkot on 7th April 2017.
- It was the sixth highest partnership for any wicket in IPL history.
ii) Both the SRH openers Jonny Bairstow and David Warner scored centuries.
- It was the second time in T20 cricket history when both the openers scored centuries in the same T20 innings. The first incident happened during the match between Gloucestershire and Middlesex at Uxbridge on 26th June 2011, when both Gloucestershire openers Kevin O’Brien (119 runs) and Hamish Marshall (102 runs) hit centuries.
- It was the second time in IPL history when two batsmen hit centuries in the same innings. The first incident happened during the match between Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Gujarat Lions (GL) at Bengaluru on 14th May 2016 when the opener Virat Kohli (109 runs) and the no.3 batsman AB de Villiers (129*) scored centuries during the RCB innings.
- It was the fourth time in T20 cricket history when two batsmen hit centuries in the same innings.
i) SRH spinner Mohammad Nabi had the bowling figures of 4-0-11-4.
- It is the second best bowling figures by an SRH bowler. The record is 4-0-19-5 by Bhuvneshwar Kumar against Kings XI Punjab at Hyderabad (Deccan) on 17th April 2017.
ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020: New Zealand U19 Stuns West Indies U19 With Superb Tail-Enders Batting
With the help of strong tail-enders batting, New Zealand U19 snatched a stunning two-wicket victory against West Indies U19 and advanced for the semi-final of ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020. The Kiwi youngster Kristian Clarke hugely shined in this game with his incredible game-changing…
Rampant Rohit Sharma Opens up About his First Super Over Experience
After securing a thrilling victory in the Super Over during the Hamilton T20I, the Player of the Match Rohit Sharma opened up his experience while playing one-over eliminator. On Wednesday (29th January), New Zealand and India were playing the third T20I in Hamilton. The hosts’…