On Sunday (7th April) evening, the home team Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) suffered another defeat in this IPL season and has remained winless in IPL 2019. This time the Delhi Capitals (DC) beat them by four wickets (with seven balls remaining) at M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru).
After the visiting side sent the host side to bat first, RCB managed to score 149/8 (20 overs). In reply, DC chased down that target in 18.5 overs after losing six wickets.
Brief Scores: RCB – 149/8 in 20 overs (Virat Kohli 41, Moeen Ali 32; Kagiso Rabada 4/21)
DC – 152/6 in 18.5 overs (Shreyas Iyer 67, Prithvi Shaw 28; Navdeep Saini 2/24)
Result – DC won by four wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) RCB scored 149/8 in 20 overs.
- It was the joint second lowest completed total for RCB against the Delhi franchise.
The lowest T20 totals for RCB against the Delhi franchise
|147/9 (20)||Delhi||4th April 2010|
|149/7 (20)||Port Elizabeth||26th April 2009|
|149/8 (20)||Bengaluru||7th April 2009|
ii) While it was RCB’s sixth match in this season, they have lost all the matches in this season.
- It is the joint worst start for any team in an IPL season. In IPL 2013, Delhi Daredevils (presently known as Delhi Capitals) had also lost their first six matches of that season.
iii) With this defeat, RCB has suffered seven straight defeats.
- It is the first time when RCB has lost seven consecutive matches.
i) The Delhi franchise won this match by four wickets.
- After suffering five consecutive defeats against RCB, it was the first victory for the Delhi franchise against RCB since April 2016. Before this victory, the Delhi franchise previously beat the Bangalore franchise on 17th April 2016 at Bengaluru.
i) DC pacer Kagiso Rabada had the bowling figures of 4-0-21-4.
- It is the best bowling figures by a DC bowler against RCB. The previous record was 4-0-29-4 by Glenn McGrath at Delhi on 30th April 2008.
- It is the second best bowling figures by a DC pacer at the away venues (excluding neutral venues). The record is 4-0-20-4 by Morne Morkel against Kings XI Punjab at Dharamsala on 19th May 2012.
i) DC captain Shreyas Iyer scored 67 runs.
- It is the highest individual score by a DC captain against RCB.