IPL 2019, Match 26: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Delhi Capitals – Statistical Highlights
On Friday (12th April) night, Delhi Capitals (DC) clinched a comfortable seven-wicket victory (with seven balls remaining) against the home team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at Eden Gardens (Kolkata).
The visiting side decided to field first after winning the toss. While KKR managed to score 178/7 (20 overs), the Delhi franchise easily chased down that target in 18.5 overs after losing three wickets (180/3).
Brief Scores: KKR – 178/7 in 20 overs (Shubman Gill 65, Andre Russell 45; Chris Morris 2/38)
DC – 180/3 in 18.5 overs (Shikhar Dhawan 97*, Rishabh Pant 46; Nitish Rana 1/12)
Result – DC won by seven wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) KKR scored 178/7 in 20 overs.
- It is their third-highest total against the Delhi franchise at Eden Gardens (Kolkata).
- It is KKR’s fourth-highest total against the Delhi franchise.
i) DC scored 180/3 (18.5 overs) in their successful run-chase.
- It is the highest total for the Delhi franchise at Eden Gardens (Kolkata). Their previous record was 167/8 (20 overs) against KKR on 7th April 2010.
ii) DC won this match by seven wickets.
- It was the second victory for the Delhi franchise against KKR at Eden Gardens (Kolkata). Their first victory was on 5th April 2012 when the Delhi franchise beat the host side KKR by eight wickets in a rain-interrupted match.
i) KKR batsman Andre Russell once again played an excellent innings of 45 runs off just 21 balls. It was his sixth consecutive IPL innings to play 40+ scores.
- It is only the second time in IPL history when a batsman has played more than five consecutive 40+ scores. In 2014, Robin Uthappa played 40+ scores in ten consecutive IPL innings.
ii) During this match, Andre Russell completed his 50 IPL wickets. After playing 57 IPL matches, he has scored 1,192 runs and also has picked up 50 wickets.
- Andre Russell is the fastest cricketer (by the number of matches) to complete 1,000 runs and 50 wickets together in IPL career. Kieron Pollard and Shane Watson were the previous record holders as both took 62 matches to achieve this feat.
i) By the end of this match, Rishabh Pant has scored 1,470 runs for the Delhi franchise.
- Rishabh Pant is the second most T20 run-scorer for the Delhi franchise. During this match, the young cricketer surpassed the former Delhi Daredevils (the previous name of Delhi Capitals) cricketer David Warner who scored 1,456 T20 runs for this side.
i) The DC opener Shikhar Dhawan remained not out on 97 runs off 63 balls.
- It is the third highest individual score by a DC (or Delhi Daredevils) batsman against KKR.
|David Warner||107*||Delhi||29th March 2010|
|Prithvi Shaw||99||Delhi||30th March 2019|
|Shikhar Dhawan||97*||Kolkata||12th April 2019|
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Shahid Afridi Credits IPL For India’s Present Dominance
On last Sunday (16th June), India outclassed their arch-rival Pakistan in the ongoing 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup. After…
Everybody in our squad is vital and we don’t want injuries: Eoin Morgan
England thrashed the Windies in emphatic fashion at Southampton to register yet another win in the ongoing ICC Cricket World…